Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

Wanted: Website Review Icecreammaker

Status
Not open for further replies.
I built one of them A-stores months ago but didn't know how to integrate it into my site :confused:

Slowly but surely I am getting there (ish)

Actually, you can remove the sidebar in the css and adjust the width of the product page to fit your site:

http://astore.amazon.co.uk/perfuteste-21

You need to insert it in the page using an iframe (google it) but to do it you probably need to to edit the html manually.

So, in my example I've just generated the iframe link via amazon:

<iframe src="http://astore.amazon.co.uk/perfuteste-21" width="90%" height="4000" frameborder="0" scrolling="no"></iframe>

This would then be inserted into your code whereever you want it to appear. You'd probably need to play with the height figure a bit.

Grant

I built one of them A-stores months ago but didn't know how to integrate it into my site :confused:

You could make the astore and put it on your home page in a frame like I did on my www.vwcampervan.co.uk site, the code would be like this:

Code:
<iframe src="http://astore.amazon.co.uk/YOUR-ASTORE-ID-HERE-21" width="100%" height="880" frameborder="0" scrolling="no"></iframe>

You can change the width and height attributes to suit, but as Grant said, your site is narrow, so you might have to widen it a bit first for the astore to display properly within it's frame.

[edit]

Looks like Grant did a swift edit to add the same that I posted :)

Last edited:
Thanks for both replies, that A-store looks good on VW camper vans.

I can add the A-store using the html fragment module but can't access the actual code but I can make the page fit the screen and the editor should then adjust the A-store to fit for me :)

ps. Systreg, you don't have a policy page on that site for your G ads.

Don't go adjusting your site, just put the iframe in and then adjust the settings of your a-store at amazon or edit the width/height field in the iframe snippet to make it fit your page.

Grant

Just dawned on me, I made my A-store and made my site full width and added the A-store but underneath the products is a deep white space so need to adjust it but I noticed on the Amazon edit you can change the settings for the size on there.

Cheers mate :cool:

You need to adjust this part of the iframe code:

height="4000"

Just keep lowering the 4000 it until it looks right

Grant

I don't know what's happening but I adjusted the i-frame part from 4000 a few times and went right down to 1500 but still all that White space :?

It might be my editor isn't making the changes when I save them.

Reduce it to 100 and see if that makes a difference, you'll then know if it's working or not.

Grant

Is this banner any good for you?
1330554.jpg

i would stick to amazon for 'ice cream makers',

and as grantw has showed you, you can integrate an a-store into a simple html page with your own logo/header and it does the job.

i mostly use wordpress, its simple once you get into it, you can strip it right down so it doesnt even look like WP.

im no good at html or design, but i get by, eventually.

shout if you need any help/advice

Actually, you can remove the sidebar in the css and adjust the width of the product page to fit your site:

http://astore.amazon.co.uk/perfuteste-21

You need to insert it in the page using an iframe (google it) but to do it you probably need to to edit the html manually.

So, in my example I've just generated the iframe link via amazon:

<iframe src="http://astore.amazon.co.uk/perfuteste-21" width="90%" height="4000" frameborder="0" scrolling="no"></iframe>

This would then be inserted into your code whereever you want it to appear. You'd probably need to play with the height figure a bit.

Grant

Jeez... still the drive for people to recommend iframed scripts and shitty content units over genuine, well written consumer focussed content that can be infinitely better monetized..

Whats someone from a google search quality team going to say when they see that site on such a generic term???

1) hmm awesome URL, it deserves to rank here as it must obviously provide users with lots of helpful content thats beneficial to the overall Google user experience.

2) hmm nice url but bloody awful thin affiliate site. No proper content, nothing valuable, no effort made at all, affiliate links being the key content above the fold. Yuck yuck yuck.... To the bin you go!

Actually forget Google.... put your users first and I guarantee you they will treat the site the same... nothing to see here ... >> back button <<

Heres a few tips & things that users might find useful which you have touched on but lamed out on massively:

- a small comparison table of products and key product features.
- a selection of written reviews.. say 500 words on each of the top products.
- the essential "icecreammaker.co.uk buying guide" another 500 words of well thought out buying advice and tips for consumers to check before they purchase.
-video section for users to watch celebrities making icecream and follow them like ramsey, oliver and big boobs.. whats her name.. dark haired sexy one married to Saatchi?!
-submit your review of X product for a chance to win a xxxxx
-release 1 new product review a month to keep site fresh...
-multiple buying options. get a kelkoo or shopping.com feed off one of the network programs and monetize it on a cpc like Reevoo and which? do!

None of the above requires any knowledge whatsoever of the products. Use that magic tool Google, search icecream makers and there are quite a few sites featuring the type of content you need to provide.

Have a content writer re-write them. Dont steal them. Re-write.

You dont need this content at all:

events
news
world records
ice cream explained

A simple weekly/monthly/whenever blog post can cover all these topics if you dress it up in an interesting way.

Take a look at this affiliate site.. I hope no-one minds me posting: http://www.ledtvexpert.co.uk/

Look at how the products are laid out with content when you click through to them. You can do a better job than this example with your site.

Brief the job as a word document. be as detailed as you like and post it up on 99designs or rentacoder and get someone to do it for you.

Dont listen to people offering you bollocks shortcuts.

There are no shortcuts to doing a proper job.

If you cant afford to get someone to do the job well for you then wait. save up and then spend the money. Dont keep on operating on something or you'll end up with a broken mess and you hating the project.

yes, i agree with everything JMOT has just posted - im simply advising him a quick and easy site to get up and running with products on.. its a strong-ish keyword domain, so for me personally, i wouldnt care about articles etc. etc.. just yet because its obvious there's no budget.. yet. if its generated sales through storeburst, i dont see why it cant continue to get orders and pay for itself.

Jeez... still the drive for people to recommend iframed scripts and shitty content units over genuine, well written consumer focussed content that can be infinitely better monetized..

I personally hate iframes and never use them, however Doodlebug is obviously a complete novice at this and was trying to help him get something up that looked half decent.

Aren't you using content units on your ledtvexpert site?????

By the way, most of the retailer links on this and other pages don't work:

http://www.ledtvexpert.co.uk/samsung-led-tv/ue32b7000.html

Great customer experience :)

Grant

Thanks again for the advice Tom and others.

I am going to sit down and thoroughly write a plan on how to make my site better such as individual product reviews and I think a blog could be a good idea, that best price thing could be good if I get enough merchants on board.

Maybe I should just sit back for a bit, keep quiet about the site and get some money together for a re-design and more content.

Last edited:
LMAO... Its not my site... lol

Anyway... as I said, look at the way its laid out, content, plenty of it and some price comparison.

lol, well if you know the owner tell him his links are broken :)

Grant

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Latest Comments

Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

New Threads

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Laskos
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom