Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

Wanted: Domain Appraisal Did i waste reg fee?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Hey all!

did i waste my time (and money) with culpable.co.uk?

Cheers
Mick

Hi there,

It's a funny old name to be honest, I can't see many people searching for it? Are you intending to develop the name with a site and have a specific use/purpose with it? :)

Not sure what to do with it to be honest.

Just thought it might be worth slightly more than the reg fee due to the legal connotations. Just checked and im surprised it gets 33k exact global searches a month.

Perhaps some sort of insurance/accident site might be an idea.

As with any domain, its value lies in how you would develop a site around it, how it could be used in a commercial context. Not all dictionary word domains have obvious uses, I would guess with this one people searching for the term are looking for a definition.

No, you didn't waste time or money. Keep hold of it (might even be for 5 years+) and you'll see a good return for very little outlay. Meaningful dictionary words, generics and the rest always have long term value. Nice reg.

Ty

Hey all!

did i waste my time (and money) with culpable.co.uk?

Cheers
Mick

mmm!!!,i am with alien cannot see any real value and which direction to take,there is a lot about dictionary names but i have a list of over 90 good solid names and i won't commit to buy but for £6 you cannot complain...

but i have a list of over 90 good solid names and i won't commit to buy but for £6 you cannot complain...

Send me the list... ;) I'll reg the long term ones for you... 90 names at £3 per year per name? If they're any good where's the risk?

At circa £3 per year a reasonable one word domain (apart from enthusiasticalistically.co.uk etc) that is in general use is not a risky outlay (only IMHO of course).

The only risk is that you don't hold the line long enough to make a profit. Domains have value if they mean something to enough people numbers wise...

Ty

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

New Threads

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Laskos
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom