Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

Cheapest reliable registrar for .com? (renewal cost)

Reaction score
123reg in the UK have become very pricey over the last few years and looking to transfer a small portfolio of .coms to keep costs down.

Having had a quick look it seems Porkbun offer the best deal with transfer cots of $6.99 and renewal cost of $11.06 per annum.

Anyone have any experience of Porkbun good or bad? Any other recommendations?

Thanks for looking.

Max

Porkbun are terrible when it comes to UK domains. They won't accept secure Nominet transfers, they also don't allow you to change the tag. Basically they want you to modify the DNS for the domain which means you need hosting or equivalent. They are the only registrar I completely refuse to support transfers/releases to. I can't speak for their service once you're in there but it's clear they don't understand how UK domains work.

Hi and thanks for response. As per title I'm only looking to transfer .coms but thanks anyway.

Max

Sorry I completely missed that. :( I have all my com domains at namesilo - they give you different pricing depending how many you have there. They might not be good value on smaller portfolios but having tried a lot of registrars over the years they're the ones that I trust most.

OK many thanks that looks like a good shout so long as using the pre-funded option, which is fine. Will use them.

Ref: Porkbun, I was wrong about the $6.99 first year. That's only for new registrations, so Namesilo it is!

Very much appreciate the steer.

Max

Personally have all of my .com domains with Cloudflare

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

New Threads

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Laskos
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom