Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

Suggestion - pull 3rd party domain auctions

Reaction score
I’m lazy and think it would be cool it DL and Flip auctions were pulled into Acorn, if possible.

It would stop people posting and bumping their sales threads, filling up the “new posts” thread I regularly view.

It would keep users on Acorn and provide a dedicated area for domain sales. Users who don’t want to list their domain on said 3rd party sites can use the Acorn threads as normal.

Agree

Last edited:
I have used Flip before, the design is good, look and feel is good but was worried about shill bidding.

@lazarus, what are you doing about shill bidding?

I want to add I wan't banned for being a shill bidder I was banned for disputing an invoice for the domain wall.uk - when I questioned the invoice I was no longer allowed to log into my account.

I am contacting denys now and asking him to amend the article.

Email exchange which resulted in the ban:

Hi there,

Can I have you real name, please?

> This was never made clear during the process and without being rude, I would
> never have submitted the auction if the final pop up stated the fee would be
> 10%. It clearly stated 5%. No where under my auction tab was I advised that
> it would be promoted and there were pre-bids? I listed a couple of other .uk
> domains and neither were automatically promoted.

Because your other domains had not pre-bids and/or were not RoR .uk domains.

> I have attached a screenshot I took of your terms at the time clearly
> showing the spotlight terms. I have also attached a picture of my account

How about looking at the whole terms? Instead of quoting just a part of it?

There is a prominent message in red at the top:
"Please note, there is a 10% sellers fee (of the final sale amount) for
all .uk RoR auctions with pre-bids. These terms are also displayed on the
auction starting page and require seller's explicit confirmation before any
RoR .uk auction can be started."

> showing it was approved to spotlight with no mention of anything else.

No, it was showing a number of RoR pre-bids during the submission and in your
domains list. It is showing nothing now because the submission as already
completed.

> I am fairly new to your website but I have been very active since joining
> and will hopefully continue to do so. However, I do not feel the 10% invoice
> is fair, especially based on the evidence I have sent.

You have benefited from pre-bids and from the large community of bidders on
this platform. The terms were clear at the time of the submission. If you feel
something is not fair - please use another auctions platform. Your account
will be automatically suspended if the invoice is not paid.

--
Regards,
Denys

I have just sent him this:

Dear Denys,

Re: http://blog.domainlore.uk/A_pair_of_new_flip_flops/

You have accused me of shill bidding in this blog and suggested you banned me for it. You actually banned me for disputing an invoice (see below) and not shill bidding. You never gave me a chance to explain my point of view so as such I never paid it because I couldn't even log into my account to do so. I have never criticised your platform I have, however, criticised your handling if the situation and the way you run things. I'd appreciate it if you could amend the blog post accordingly.

p.s. should you wish to have a conversation about the invoice for wall.uk I am happy to do so.

All the best!

DJ Wood

Acorn is a community, if the community want to propose something then it should be considered. It would benefit both parties.

If Lazarus is game but Denys isn't then that's fine.

That twat is a 'lore' to himself. Why he brings me into it, I have not a clue. DL: A moribund platform run by an egomaniac. He probably "now loathes me for sensing that by a mile and being straight about it"...

Regardless of peoples opinions of Denys (I actually find him quite pleasant to communicate with) the bashing of a system that has made a lot of people on here a lot of money seems a bit pointless, by all means people are entitled to use other platforms but the criticism of other platforms to promote another seems a little silly. Succeed off of merit.

@lazarus, what are you doing about shill bidding?

Its always a game of cat and mouse. Just today a member has been banned for messing up auctions.

Aside from the normal IP / cookie checks I will be implementing something cool called "browser fingerprinting"
Also any abnormal bidding activity can always be reported through the listing page.

Cheers

Last edited:
Just an update on this, I am pleased to advise you that a pull of 'domain auctions ending soon' at flip has been integrated into the side bar of this forum.

I have just sent him this:

Dear Denys,

Re: http://blog.domainlore.uk/A_pair_of_new_flip_flops/

You have accused me of shill bidding in this blog and suggested you banned me for it. You actually banned me for disputing an invoice (see below) and not shill bidding. You never gave me a chance to explain my point of view so as such I never paid it because I couldn't even log into my account to do so. I have never criticised your platform I have, however, criticised your handling if the situation and the way you run things. I'd appreciate it if you could amend the blog post accordingly.

p.s. should you wish to have a conversation about the invoice for wall.uk I am happy to do so.

All the best!

DJ Wood

Hey, man. Don't take it personal. Deny's is ban happy. He bans people for challenging him in any way, his ego is major fragile. It's all good though, flip.uk will take off and then we can say goodbye to Denys for good.

Just an update on this, I am pleased to advise you that a pull of 'domain auctions ending soon' at flip has been integrated into the side bar of this forum.

Awesome, just noticed it now looks great. Perhaps nudge the font size up a notch or two?

Hey, man. Don't take it personal. Deny's is ban happy. He bans people for challenging him in any way, his ego is major fragile. It's all good though, flip.uk will take off and then we can say goodbye to Denys for good.

Awesome, just noticed it now looks great. Perhaps nudge the font size up a notch or two?

To be fair to him he responded to my email straight away and amended the article to reflect the correct reason why I was banned. I don't mind him calling me out as we did have a disagreement over an invoice which still hasn't been resolved, but I did mind that he suggested I was a shill bidder.

We have had many. He banned me personally because he pulled the rug under me on a couple of auctions last year and then spat his dummy out and wrote a blog post about it lol! He's too arrogant for his own good, in my opinion. He might be a nice guy face to face, I don't know (or care to). I can only base my opinion of him on my interactions with him. DomainLore only works well, because it's popular. The website is dated, built on old code, looks awful on a 27inch iMac screen. It was time a newcomer came along and put a fresh spin on it.

Anyway, back on topic – I'm glad that Flip is being integrated like this, it's a really good platform and hopefully will allow more users of this forum, a chance to see those auctions that they might have otherwise missed out on.

Further to the sidebar feature showing domain auctions, this was tweaked to show most popular auctions but many auctions ending soon were not getting a show so Colin has re-worked it and we are showing twice as many domains sorted in 2 columns to cover the ground of ending soonest and most popular auctions.

Further to the sidebar feature showing domain auctions, this was tweaked to show most popular auctions but many auctions ending soon were not getting a show so Colin has re-worked it and we are showing twice as many domains sorted in 2 columns to cover the ground of ending soonest and most popular auctions.

Brilliant!

Now all you need to do is add your affiliate link and earn commission from any sales haha

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Featured Services

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

New Threads

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Service
Laskos
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom