Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

Sedo launches NEW Sales Landing Page

sedo

Sedo Staff
Reaction score
Hi all,

We were asked to provide a new sales landing page for those of you looking to prioritize the sale of domains over earning money with our parking program. We are therefore excited to launch our brand new Sales Landing Page for your domains listed at Sedo.
Overall, we’ve worked to create a minimalistic design making the sole focus of this landing page layout to aid the sale of the domains being offered.
What we deemed necessary for a more efficient sales landing page:
• Navigation, account features, and even the search bar within the header area as you know from the general Sedo Offer Details Page have been removed. The Sedo logo is the only thing remaining in the header area. This page is just about your domain.
• The Legal fine print has a smaller font size and combined with a lighter text colour it is less distracting, but still readable.
• The font size of the “For sale” information is much bigger to attract visitors attention.
• The size of “Make Offer”/“Buy Now” buttons were increased to a larger width and now are highlighted in a green color making them stand out better from the neutral background.
• We implemented a Trustpilot widget, which displays the positive Sedo-rating status. This boosts confidence in Sedo as a trustworthy business partner and marketplace, thus also increasing the CTR (Click-Through-Rate) for your domain offer.

The Sales Landing Page is responsive, fast and consistent for all domains listed at Sedo for Buy Now and Make Offer. If you want to see a live version from your own device, just visit hium.com.

You can easily select the new Sales Landing Page Layout if the domain is already parked with us directly in your Sedo account. Just log in, go to your Domain Management, select the domain and then choose “Selling” from the “Layout” tab.

We will continue to test its features, listen to your feedback and make improvements.

We are also working on more new exciting updates and changes that have also been requested by our users and we are looking forward to publishing them in future posts. Thanks for your interest in this post, and all the best
Chris

We asked for this years ago. Better late than never though :)
Just had a look at this on sedo and if you want to bulk change best to go to 'Parking Optimisation' choose Sales Landing Page and click Layout - you can then click 'Layout Edit' and bulk edit your domains over to the Sales Landing Page. Think I've got that right - but Sedo can correct me if I'm wrong. I think the page needs a bit of improvement though - looks a bit sparse at the moment.

I'm seeing the old parking page now at hium.com :confused:

The landing page on http://hium.com doesn't look any different to me.

upload_2019-8-20_16-19-47.png

Hi all,

Shortly after we released the new function we had to refresh the example landing page as we made some changes. If you looked at the page within this time approximately spanning 15 minutes then you would have seen the standard parked page with the links. If you visited the link shortly after this time again you will see that the sales lander is showing as shown in my screenshot.

We went with an modern minimalist design, to direct the focus of the visitor to the fact that the domain is for sale. The Sales Landing Page is responsive, fast and consistent for all domains listed at Sedo for Buy Now and Make Offer.

We always welcome constructive criticism, if you have any suggestions or comments you can email [email protected], call me directly on 0049 221 340 30 230 or just post in this post.

All the best
Chris

Attachments

• Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    23.1 KB · Views: 316
Hi all,

Shortly after we released the new function we had to refresh the example landing page as we made some changes. If you looked at the page within this time approximately spanning 15 minutes then you would have seen the standard parked page with the links. If you visited the link shortly after this time again you will see that the sales lander is showing as shown in my screenshot.

We went with an modern minimalist design, to direct the focus of the visitor to the fact that the domain is for sale. The Sales Landing Page is responsive, fast and consistent for all domains listed at Sedo for Buy Now and Make Offer.

We always welcome constructive criticism, if you have any suggestions or comments you can email [email protected], call me directly on 0049 221 340 30 230 or just post in this post.

All the best
Chris
Looks garbage

My biggest gripe is that your purchase process is extremely old fashioned and puts too many barriers in the way of getting people to buy.

If I go to hium.com and click the buy now button, I get forwarded to a page that is automatically on the "login" tab. I'm pretty sure most end users visiting aren't going to have a Sedo account already. If I click on the "need help" button on the order form, I automatically get forwarded to a help page about retrieving my login details. Again, why are you assuming every person already has a login?

You should have a process where a user has to enter their email to purchase. When that email is submitted, it checks your system to see if you have an account and ask them to login if they do. If your system detects no account with that email, it puts them through the register/payment process.

Hi Trauiner,

Thank you for your feedback and taking the time to write a detailed post.

When you click buy now, you are presented with the login input fields but if you do not have a Sedo account, you can also click the tab ‘register’ to register a new account directly.

If you click 'help' you get forwarded to the help centre where you can search by keyword for useful articles that you may need help on, some customers may want to look into the transfer process for example or see how to pay before committing to buy. This is why the help centre is shown, the fact it defaults to forgotten login details page is simply because this article is the most viewed FAQ we have, through the help centre a customer can also email us or start a live chat as long as it is within the opening hours. This is why the help centre link is shown.

If someone is looking to use our services there has to be an assumption that they either have a Sedo account or know they need to set one up to purchase the domain. Although there maybe some exceptions, this same assumption applies to most services or products customers buy through websites.

I will forward your suggestion about email recognition to our development team.

All the best

Chris

• Funny
Reactions: Sam
I don't think you're taking the feedback as well as you could Chris. Having to register a Sedo account just to make an initial price enquiry puts a lot of friction on the deal. It would be better if you could enquire as a guest, and only had to register to complete a deal.

People aren't using your services at that stage. They're just interested in a single domain having seen the sales lander.

And no - most ecommerce websites allow a guest checkout.

Much better sales landers at 123parked and no reason why you still can't list your domains on their marketplace ;) Seems sedo dropped the ball (again) on this one.

Hi everyone, and thanks for the combined feedback.
Since launching our new sales landing page several weeks ago, we have taken in consideration the feedback received from you and all of our customers alike and are happy to announce 12 new sales landing pages are now available for parked domains.

Example:

Sedo_Domain-Sales_Landing_Page_US_900px.jpg

We made the following changes:
  • Sedo customer support contact available
  • More choices for the background instead of neutral gray
  • Options to show or hide different facts about the domain
  • Font size of the domain is larger than the "..is for sale" note
  • Minimized footer

Now the new landing pages consist of 3 basic templates, which you can customize with information in 4 different ways:

1. Offer Box Only
  2. Incl. Domain Facts
  3. Incl. About the seller.
  4. Full version

The new layouts are now available within Sedo customer accounts. We’ll attach screen shots of an example domain featured with these different options for your reference, but we encourage you to test the new options on your own parked pages.

Best and happy selling,
Your Sedo Team

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members online

Featured Services

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

New Threads

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Service
Laskos
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom