Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

Winding down

Reaction score
Sadly, It's time for me to start winding down with domaining and drastically change my lifestyle, so, if anyone's looking to buy a UK domain portfolio so I can get out in one go, see link below.

I've been very ill since February, and after multiple scans and tests, I've been diagnosed with, centrilobular emphysema and an enlarged heart, enlarged aorta (aortic aneurysm) which is currently 51mm, this can be a sudden killer if the aorta gets too large and ruptures, that's my main worry out of these conditions.

There are few other issues involving the heart, lungs, the area between the lungs and high blood pressure, nothing in the diagnostic reports make good reading.

I'm trying to make the best of things at the moment and see what direction my health takes me in. I've lost 2 stone since February and close to 3 stone since the end of last year, a lot of which is muscle that has gone due to not being able to exercise or ride my bike.

I'm exercising again, I can at least walk for more than a few steps now without having to stop and gasp for air, which was all I could manage in May to July. I've been doing some fast paced walks over 1.2km and the breathing is much better now that I'm on inhalers, and did a short 6 mile off road bike ride, which was fine apart from feeling dizzy at times and the legs having no power due to muscle loss. I hope to start riding longer distances soon, but not at the same intensity I'm used to riding at, I bloody hate riding slow, but I'm not supposed to be doing anything strenuous, at the same time, I need to increase my fitness and build back the muscle.

The weird thing is, I actually feel really good at the moment, I feel normal despite what's going on inside my body. Just a few months ago I was actually looking at funerals, and planning, I was that ill at that point, I thought I could die any day. The thing is, I've felt great before, I set my fastest time on my bike over my usual 20 mile loop in February, the following morning I was woken up struggling to take a breathe in, and it just got worse from then on until my diagnosis.

I'll still be visiting the forum to keep up with everything, as I don't expect I'll be getting rid of my domains instantly. I'll offer up the portfolio here first and then slowly lower prices on Sedo over the coming months. The Sedo portfolio is here, but not all of the domains listed on Sedo are for sale as a portfolio sale, there's a small selection im going to hold on to.

(Edit)

Started a sales thread with the list for sale here.

Last edited:
@aZooZa, thanks mate, shit happens eh, unfortunately there's no cure for emphysema, I can only help to slow that one down a bit by quitting smoking, currently down to 7 smokes per day for the past week, trying to wean myself off the nicoteen slowly, and the outlook for aortic problems isn't great either.

uhhh.. sad to read such bad news :( ... @Systreg if you wish, I can send a newsletter (here and at DNF) next Tuesday with your names, and Sedo section right after. Just ping me - happy to help. All the best!!! Helmuts

all about self management now.
Easy to stop smoking, you should as you know have done it years ago.
Simply tell your mind that you don't smoke, how could anyone smoke that doesn't smoke.
Try it , don't say you are stopping , tell yourself that you don't smoke.
i don't eat dog sh*t, i don't bang my head on the floor, there are many things i don't do
and one of them is "i don't smoke"
Good luck

Last edited:
So sorry to hear about your health. My thoughts are with you and your family. Time to slow down.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Laskos
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom