Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

Wanted: Domain Appraisal white people.co.uk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Not sure what use this might have or who would be interested but here goes:

whitepeople.co.uk

2400 local search December
29p AVE CPC

Anyone interested in any sort of offer PM Me

Isn't that a racist term ?

Unless you're in a '40's cowboys and indians film...

It just doesn't feel right, somehow..

Last edited:
Isn't that a racist term ?

Come on get a grip! how is that racist? political correctness gone mad.

MOBO awards?, music of black origin awards, surely that is excluding white music, is that racist???........AAGGHHH

Last edited:
Fair comment. I understand what you're saying.

However, in today's climate (wether you disagree or not), the term 'white people', or a site called that can only be inferred to mean a site which highlights/celebrates the difference between white and non-white.

What use can this name have, other than to highlight difference ?

Just my thoughts - this is an appraisal after all.

Ps. It isn't the term, so much as the context. Could I have a bar called White People ?

Last edited:
Agree with Stever and I am as anti politcal correctness insanity as anyone. First thoughts are that it's offensive and what non racist reason would make you search " White people" in google?

I don't think it is a racist term as such, though I do think it will be seen to be one, and I don't see what you could put there that will make it a useful resource.

ok, I understand the 'sensitivities' with this term, but for example what about the shop "The White Company" purveyoys of Primarily white linen, tablewear, furniture, accessories and gifts.

Basically nearly everything they sell is white.

A racist company?

And what about the domain blackpeople.co.uk does this imply the same feelings? or would you think more of a celebration of black culture?

Last edited:
ok, I understand the 'sensitivities' with this term, but for example what about the shop "The White Company" purveyoys of Primarily white linen, tablewear, furniture, accessories and gifts.

Basically nearly everything they sell is white.

A racist company?

And what about the domain blackpeople.co.uk does this imply the same feelings? or would you think more of a celebration of black culture?

Don't want to get drawn into a debate when im more on your side of the fence regarding double standards in racism. There are a fair few more feasible uses for "the white company" though than a site called "whitepeople.co.uk"!!

Back to OP, maybe we have seen a value in the name in that it can create debate and thus viral marketing!! Thats the only value i could see in it though really.

I don't see any issue with the white company. It seems like a descriptive and sensible use of the term, and is targetted towards selling products. Not racist in any way unless they only sell their products to white people :).

I possible use for whitepeople.co.uk or blackpeople.co.uk is a dating site, for people (both black and white) who are only attracted to people from that race. Neither would be racist in my view, but as the majority of the population is white, in essence most UK dating sites are white dating sites anyway. With that in mind you'd likely just end up pulling in people with a problem with other races.

i think you need to look at yourself here mate because your other domain "boy on boy" i found extremely offensive and i don't know what your thinking is when you register domains other than lining the pockets of the domain register but imo i think you need to undertake some research before buying another domain.

concerned domainer

i think you need to look at yourself here mate because your other domain "boy on boy" i found extremely offensive and i don't know what your thinking is when you register domains other than lining the pockets of the domain register but imo i think you need to undertake some research before buying another domain.

concerned domainer

Jeeez, boy on boy is a different ballpark entirely. Agree that OP needs to have a think about his domaining research, dread to think........

Jeeez, boy on boy is a different ballpark entirely. Agree that OP needs to have a think about his domaining research, dread to think........

I agree with this for the most part. These names seem to have a controversial element to them, that makes them difficult to sell. I'm not sure who would be buying these names.

That said whitepeople.co.uk doesn't have to be racist as such, because it could be a site about discussions relating to race, as somene else pinted out. It has started a debate here, so there is something to go on at least.

As for his other domain boyonboy, again of course much like whitepeople.co.uk, it can have very negative meanings, but it doesn't have to. What about 'girls gone wild' and all of that stuff. The term 'boy' certainly does not by any stretch of the imagination have to imply that a person is below a certain age. Is 'girlongirl' an offenive or controversial term?

There does seem to be a trend with these names, and I don't see the value, but perhaps people are getting a little carried away..

possible use for whitepeople.co.uk or blackpeople.co.uk is a dating site, for people (both black and white) who are only attracted to people from that race. Neither would be racist in my view, but as the majority of the population is white, in essence most UK dating sites are white dating sites anyway. With that in mind you'd likely just end up pulling in people with a problem with other races.

I see your thinking Gareth. I'm sure there'd be a market for such a site, though they still seem to allow the odd 'bulldog' to slip through the rigorous humans only selection process :)

I prefer to keep my options open :D

halle-berry.jpg

Last edited:
possible use for whitepeople.co.uk or blackpeople.co.uk is a dating site, for people (both black and white) who are only attracted to people from that race. Neither would be racist in my view, but as the majority of the population is white, in essence most UK dating sites are white dating sites anyway. With that in mind you'd likely just end up pulling in people with a problem with other races.

I see your thinking Gareth. I'm sure there'd be a market for such a site, though they still seem to allow the odd 'bulldog' to slip through the rigorous humans only selection process :)

I prefer to keep my options open :D

halle-berry.jpg

amen.........................

Wasn't there a movie called 'white people' or 'white chicks' or something?

The domain actually reminded me of this:
Stuff White People Like

So it just shows you that a somewhat controversial phrase with a great idea behind it can do well and NOT be offensive - but in fact help to bring down the racial walls.

Here's a video with the creator of that site and some more about 'what white people like' he talks about it not being done in a hateful way:
YouTube - Christian Lander: "Stuff white people like"

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Latest Comments

Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

New Threads

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Laskos
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom