Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

Wanted: Domain Appraisal vine.co.uk

Status
Not open for further replies.
£1750 - £2500 reseller.
£5000 - £7500 end user.

- Rob

£1750 - £2500 reseller.
£5000 - £7500 end user.

- Rob

almost spot on Rob :D

I would say

£1250 - £2500 reseller.
£5000 - £15000 end user.

-

to all those saying 500 quid
I would buy in a heartbeat at £1k

this is a great domain for a news site/brand or social network

the only thing that lets it down is you can never get the .com

Last edited:
Nothing wrong in a good healthy difference of opinion - I must admit the surname usage had passed me by in my initial quote of £500, Which I do agree is where the possible best price is.

But, if it was a straight sales listing without promotion - then I still believe £500 is around the figure where most offers would come in. I sell domains all the time for a few hundred pounds, that I know would reach 3 x the price (or more) with a bit of end user contact and effort.

Others choose to list and promote domains all day long without much hope of a bite, but equally sure their occasional sale makes-up for their effort. So i've no problem with a 3x or 4x multiplier with effort

As we all know, In this game it always helps to have a reasonable amount of stock domains to be pitching at anyone time. However working with just 'one domain', you could easily find you've put in the equivalent of £500 worth of time and effort before you've even attracted some interest let alone completed a sale.

Nope, for a main 'sales platform' listing around £500 is where most of the offers are going to come-in, and if one exceeds the £1,000 mark all well and good

And yes seeing someone mentioned .com . Now we talking £50,000 (well it would probably be a US dollar sale to a Californian wine producer anyway)

And no i've not even looked at it's current usage - I'm just talking if the domain in .com was on the market unused

Nothing wrong in a good healthy difference of opinion - I must admit the surname usage had passed me by in my initial quote of £500, Which I do agree is where the possible best price is.

true

but I honestly believe you have it completely back to front

a lot of the time first or surnames will never get the ultimate price becuase it's an individual that want's them

if you get lucky and owned george or dave for example where there are big endusers THAT is when you could get the big money
or if you owned and wanted to take forward as a brand

when I see vine I am not even seeing it as a surname. that's it's bottom enduser pricing for me

of course reseller pricing is lower, it has to be
domainers own xx, xxx, xxxx domains
we'd all be bankrupt if we paid a healthy percentage of every domains possible worth

if it was put in offers here, people would be cagey with offers
if put in fixed price I am almost certain would get took at over £1k very quickly

even domainlore would yield absolute min high xxx I think
very possibly more

owner should put up a holding page with email to field offers and make obvious for sale

I think alot of the time when domainers are valuing names they can't see the wood for the trees ( that's assuming of course they are not marking down because they want to buy )

Perspective wise, some domainers would sell a quality domain to someone for less than it cost's him to fill up his car with petrol, or for less than he pays for his lunch, and it's a slippery slope. When you cut out the effort and go straight to a sale you forgo the educational benefits you get from marketing the domain. It's only worth £100 because that's all I was offered for it is a lazy way out.

Imagine if a young salesman was selling Bentleys and at the end of his shift the company notices the till was up £27000 and the stock was down 1 Bentley. The young salesman explained that although the asking price for the car was £350000 nobody who came through the showroom that day was prepared to pay anything like that amount and one guy said he would buy it for £27000 and to be honest I thought 350000 was a bit high for a car anyway, ludicrous ? yes, but that's sometimes what it's like with internet gold.

So the main thing is if you don't believe in the value of something you can't sell it at it's true value. You've got to get into the shoes of the end user you are looking for.

Last edited:
Some members here are far too .com obsessed imo.

.co.uk domains can be branded perfectly fine. About two thirds of the domains I sell are brandable .co.uk domains, sold to end users.

Unless you plan to sell globally, .com is nothing but a nice to have addition – by no means essential.

Sure, the .com would be more valuable, but isn't that stating the obvious given the potential market for .com domains? It doesn't make the likes of vine.co.uk any less of an excellent brandable domain.

- Rob

A lesson I learned in peoples perception of things.

Once when I was driving with someone and private number plates were gaining in popularity. We were behind a porche and I said " you see the number plate on that car in front, well it's worth about £35000 " "good God" was the reply "don't get too close you may bump into them and break it".

No problem guys - I've identified myself as both the ".com obsessed" and the guy thats happy to throw pretty reasonable co.uk's at £100 a pop.

And I do fit in those camps - so no complaints from me. On the plus side I do get to spend most if not all of my days with a smile on my face. :D

No problem guys - I've identified myself as both the ".com obsessed" and the guy thats happy to throw pretty reasonable co.uk's at £100 a pop.

And I do fit in those camps - so no complaints from me. On the plus side I do get to spend most if not all of my days with a smile on my face. :D

Excellent, most important thing in the world.

interesting. Saw this the other day and thought i'd leave it to hear others feedback as I had zero clue.

Looks like a good domain to me, I was thinking along the lines of an online gossip colum eg along the grape vine? Would be a big project.

The thing I'm taking away from this is that its extremely hard to appraise a domain! They are as valuable as the value you get for it!

Well I certainly seemed to have stirred things up :eek:

£500 - £15,000
That is awfully close to the range I worked out talking to people and doing a little research before coming here. So in the end not much help :confused: but I do appreciate the discussion and confirmation that I was not on the wrong track. And to think I get my client's domains for a fiver!

The thing I'm taking away from this is that its extremely hard to appraise a domain! They are as valuable as the value you get for it!

Exactly, by someone saying yes, your domain is worth £500 to £15,000 is not brilliant advice. Why £15,000? why not £20,000 or £30,000? You have to have someone willing to pay that price. You may never find anyone willing to more than £2,500.

I think alot of the time when domainers are valuing names they can't see the wood for the trees ( that's assuming of course they are not marking down because they want to buy )

Perspective wise, some domainers would sell a quality domain to someone for less than it cost's him to fill up his car with petrol, or for less than he pays for his lunch, and it's a slippery slope. When you cut out the effort and go straight to a sale you forgo the educational benefits you get from marketing the domain. It's only worth £100 because that's all I was offered for it is a lazy way out.

Imagine if a young salesman was selling Bentleys and at the end of his shift the company notices the till was up £27000 and the stock was down 1 Bentley. The young salesman explained that although the asking price for the car was £350000 nobody who came through the showroom that day was prepared to pay anything like that amount and one guy said he would buy it for £27000 and to be honest I thought 350000 was a bit high for a car anyway, ludicrous ? yes, but that's sometimes what it's like with internet gold.

So the main thing is if you don't believe in the value of something you can't sell it at it's true value. You've got to get into the shoes of the end user you are looking for.

Beautifully put. Vine.co.uk ideal for a snotty Nightclub, winebar too, i.e The Vine with Vine.co.uk as the URL. You defo put this one out there with utter confidence and if I owned it, everyone can sod off til 5 figure offers start coming in, Exacts on this one are utterly irrelevant to me.

One thing Mr CheapCruises.co.uk did which should be standard business practice in the domain world is he went and reinvested some of the money in Wardrobes.com which for me was very smart business. So can kick around waiting for 5 figures on Vine.co.uk but what I'd do is accept the figure more likely to be x,xxx and see if there's anything I fancy at the price to chuck some of the money back into.

The value of an asset is not only what you can get for it, but what you can buy with the money you get for it too.

Re. No. Plate, ha ha ha

With vine.co.uk , its more of a brandable domain than a generic keyword domain, therefore its a case of putting your contact details on the domain, and waiting for someone who is interested to make an offer. Its difficult to go out and find a buyer, unless you contact every business with a similar name, but from my experience they are probably not going to be willing to pay a lot for it if you have to contact them.

If someone comes along and makes you an offer, if they dont offer you want for it, wait until someone comes along who does offer you what you want. The problem comes when you want to get shut of it because you need the money, then you would have to sell it for what someone is willing to pay at the time, if you can find someone who is interested.

If you tried to sell it on here, I doubt anyone would offer more than a grand or 2 for it.

From the OP's first post, it looks like they plan to sell it in a year, if this is the case they may not realise it's true potential. If they can afford to hold on to it indefinately they may eventually get a decent price.

:lol: :lol: :lol: You are such a good laugh, Bailey! Second time you made me LOL today! ROTLMAO!

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

New Threads

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Laskos
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom