Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

Wanted: Domain Appraisal vine.co.uk

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

MFO

At some time in the next 12 months or so I will have to give up working, at which time I will be looking to sell vine.co.uk

For the time being I wonder what sort of price I should value it at?

At some time in the next 12 months or so I will have to give up working, at which time I will be looking to sell vine.co.uk

For the time being I wonder what sort of price I should value it at?

I can't see it being worth very much myself.

Not a bad name for a wine store. No idea of price though.

Probably a few hundred pounds. More if you go to the effort of finding all the companies with "Vine" as a key component of their names (if such exist) and market it actively to them in order to get a bit of a bidding war going.

I reckon you could get £500-750+ or so for this - nice, memorable, brandable name for end use. :)

PS: Great name for Wine as suggested or social networking ("heard it on the grapevine?").

A good brandable but to be honest I see at valued at around £500 to £800

As said look around see what’s called that atm and price accordingly things like vinedigital. “marketing and web development” maybe xxxx to ones like them more than the mid xxx to low you’d get from any domainer (personally think making revenue would be hard if its nota company name etc)

Thank you for your thoughts.

I had been advised by somebody who has sold a few domains for ridiculous amounts that it was worth much more than the the sort of price that pops up when I have searched the various "for sale" lists. Hence coming to the experts.

As I said I am in no hurry to sell even when I have to stop using it. There are several "Vine" companies out there - plus some well known individuals as has been pointed out - a couple of which approached me in the past so an auction might be possible. For now I'll value it modestly and hope for the best when the time comes.

Sensible thinking.

I do agree with the approx £500 valuations so far given. It's where the .co.uk market realistically is at the moment

Amazing how often the same people valuing their own domains £x,xxx at the minimum value everyone else's rock bottom.

Vine.co.uk if you could be bothered to pull your finger out knock up a web to show it's potential should be 4 figures and 3 figures if sold to another domaineeer.

I think a top domaineer would seek to get 5 figures for it, it's 4 letters and represents the only folks who have any money nowadays, i.e the high earners.

Amazing how often the same people valuing their own domains £x,xxx at the minimum value everyone else's rock bottom.

Not people on here I don't think apart from the "Newbies" who perhaps understandably still don't understand the market

Last edited:
People in here as I stated would only pay £xxx for it, but in Vine.co.uk I see far greater potential if marketed in the right circles. Has an air of snottiness about it. I think it's valuation in the Okay magazine jet setters is very different to it's valuation in AcornDomains being my overall point. How you get your nose in to pitch it though is not a minor problem to solve.

I think mid XXX would be reasonable. Maybe more if you can find the right buyer.

I'd agree with £500-800 value which is what i think it would reach at auction without some motivated or knowledgable enduser/s involved like those previously mentioned

Walkindude, there's a difference between asking price and what people will sell their domains at. The owners valuation is generally the price it sells at or below that final of the price.

If it was mine, i was wanting to sell it and I'd had some previous interest I'd see if you could get it in one of the sedo.com auctions with a reserve your happy with.
Contact all previous interests
Then like others have said, contact those with companies with vine in the brand and advise of the upcoming auction also.

If your wanting best "ok jetsetter" price tho it's probably a case of sitting holding and negotiating shrewdly when and if offers come in.

Good luck with it

Last edited:
Could be worth any amount this one. You know it's certainly not xxx and I would think mid xxxx would be your minimum. The.com registered in 1987 and very large company registered the .net in 1998. If it was my surname I would pay 5k to secure it. Not quite a retirement domain but could be a real winner..... HOLD HOLD HOLD !

I would not let it go for less than £1k! Hold for the right buyer!

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

New Threads

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Laskos
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom