Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

Wanted: Domain Appraisal Value of a .TV domain compared to a .NET

Status
Not open for further replies.

FCP

Reaction score
I am negotiating on a domain name <keyword>.tv. How would most people value a .TV domain against say a .NET? At the moment is it looking like I can get the .TV for around a quarter of the price of the .NET. As the new project will involve many photos and some video footage I thought it may be quite brandable. Any views?

.tv can work well IMO and can work pretty well for some domains that would be related to popular TV programming. I think it's very variable in value depending on how well the domain works for .tv. If you are being offered it for a quarter of the .net then it doesn't seem unreasonable.

Rgds

The domain is sport specific, in fact one of the minor Olympic sports.

.tv can work well IMO and can work pretty well for some domains that would be related to popular TV programming. I think it's very variable in value depending on how well the domain works for .tv. If you are being offered it for a quarter of the .net then it doesn't seem unreasonable.

Rgds

Buy the .tv
Decent .tv's values have risen fast over the past 2 years with 100's of new developed sites making a major impact.

Especially since your site will feature sport then .tv becomes the best option as .tv domains work great for any kind of active content.

To get an idea of how some great .tv's can work then search for 'Sport site:.tv' on any search engine, you will see lots of really original sites and many that are not full of video content like many think .tv's need to be relevant.

Feeel free to tell me the name and i'll tell you if it has worth as i spend all my days buying, selling & developing .tv's

Good Luck,
Ronnie

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Latest Comments

Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

New Threads

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Laskos
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom