Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

.UK Announced

If that particular rumour source was reliable it would be more than a rumour by now.

I do know it isn't from inside Nominet or from Nominet staff. It will be announced tomorrow so I guess the rumour is useless anyway tbh, if it was 3 weeks before it was announced it would be different but on just 14 hours notice, isn't much of a lead time anyway.

I do know it isn't from inside Nominet or from Nominet staff. It will be announced tomorrow so I guess the rumour is useless anyway tbh, if it was 3 weeks before it was announced it would be different but on just 14 hours notice, isn't much of a lead time anyway.

Is your tomorrow morning announcement reliable ?

Direct.uk has the likelihood to be Nominet's "Ratner moment".

The ONLY way they can salvage the situation, even a little bit, is a loud, shout it from the rooftops, PR team all hands on deck, resounding "NO!".

If they push out a half-hearted, wishy-washy statement they will be doing more damage than they have done to date since it will be their "final position" document.

It is my understanding that it will be tomorrow morning when it is announced. A very unofficial rumour is that it is a no go, and will be dropped. However that is a very very unconfirmed rumour and not one that I can trace back to source, so I can't give it any credence.

Originally Posted by DropCatcher-co-uk
.UK HAS already been decided by the future Baroness Cowley DBE. It IS going ahead and there IS a project team that have been working on the infrastructure implementation of it for many months now. The consultation period was a sham. Nominet refused my request to have the responses independently monitored and also refused my request to publish any of them online in stark contrast with numerous former consultations for far less important developments or initiatives.

Well someone is going to be very wrong in the morning

i Rang today

I Rang Nominet up today and asked at what time , the decision would be realised , i was transferred to the 2nd line support , who made a call , and replied , the meeting is still in progress but , the news will be posted on nominet`s site sometime in the morning

hope that helps :)

When?

Why have Nominet not published the .uk consultation summary prior to the board meeting?

These are response extracts I have had from Nominet on the matter via emails:

It is our intention to publish the summary at the same time that we publish the outcome of the Board deliberations on the summary.

Firstly, you asked me to specify the time it will take to issue the communique from the Board meeting in February. I am not in a position to advise this, as the time taken is directly related to the content of each communique – for example, the Board may need to take professional advice on the content. However, rest assured that I will let the Board know of the understandable interest in knowing any decisions on the direct.uk proposal as soon as possible.

Damn, wish I hadn't just got out of bed to make a cup of tea, now I'll probably be awake the rest of the night, now I know todays D-Day

Thought it would be a 5pm Friday announcement as in government speak "Old news by Monday"

If the answer is go, will they also announce the rules to buy them and how they plan to stop domain squatting as it seems to be a goal.

If the answer is go, will they also announce the rules to buy them and how they plan to stop domain squatting as it seems to be a goal.

I very much doubt it. They have to preserve the veneer that due process has been followed. You wouldn't expect the whole thing to have been drafted between the board meeting decision yesterday and this morning, would you?

I very much doubt it. They have to preserve the veneer that due process has been followed. You wouldn't expect the whole thing to have been drafted between the board meeting decision yesterday and this morning, would you?

Honestly, I would expect the full solution to be approved and announced, not Yep we're doing it - but we have no idea how it will work - talk soon :x

Honestly, I would expect the full solution to be approved and announced, not Yep we're doing it - but we have no idea how it will work - talk soon

Honestly, I would expect the full solution to be approved and announced, not Yep we're doing it - but we have no idea how it will work - talk soon

Well they've been planning it behind the scenes for a long time haven't they.

If they do go ahead with it obviously they didn't give a rats bum about the consultation phase, was just for show, and they had already decided it was going ahead and how it was going ahead.

It wouldnt suprise me if they go ahead with it. They obviously want to go ahead with direct.uk, so I dont think they would let negative feedback put them off from achieving their goals.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members online

No members online now.

Auctions Ending - Flip.uk

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

New Threads

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Laskos
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom