Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

Wanted: Domain Appraisal TradeMark question Child-Care

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
i got: Child-Care.org.uk ....
its some trade mark? or its to generic ?

Yes - totally generic - a TM applicant would need to attach at least one other "unique/distinguishing" word to get TM approval.

There are a couple might be more you’d need to research a little

Trade Mark 2261445 although Expired

and Community Trade Mark E2975704

Don't know if the latter would try and use it (would depend on what you were doing) Thats not to say they’d do anything or even have a claim but they do have one?

It's worthwhile for anyone involved in domains getting to understand the basics of TM law (It is actually quite logical)

And after that everything else falls into place - It isn't one of these subjects where you have to constantly update yourself

It's worthwhile for anyone involved in domains getting to understand the basics of TM law (It is actually quite logical)

And after that everything else falls into place - It isn't one of these subjects where you have to constantly update yourself
Real bollocks here mate in terms of this poster. Get off the fricking bottle at midnight - might serve you well here.

Real bollocks here mate in terms of this poster. Get off the fricking bottle at midnight - might serve you well here.

Oh dear:!: What can I say :(.

I am stunned by your remark. In my defence.

I did actually study business law as an option at HND level, (reasonably 2 years basic understanding - know) and yes TM law isn't the can of worms that some would have you believe. Though I have to agree some of the judgements made can be quite baffaling

I can assure you in this particular post i was as sober as a judge - just having returned from shopping with my dear ol'mum.

Anybody understanding the two fundemental concepts of "Uniqness and Classes" in TM law will have a pretty good grasp in any domain they wish to consider in the future. And then everything they see on the databases starts to make sense.

Now that having been said -yes I am too often guilty of posting when clearly drunk - and they do happen around 1am onwards. _ I tend to stay away from a Acorn for a day or two afterwards, mostly due to my own embarrassment but, hopefully never knowingly aggressive - even then.

I have to acknowledge I am spending far too much time at Acorn. It has been my escape-route (head in the sand) after the demise of DomainState - But I'm hopping the Inquest into my dead wife will take place next year I know it's been a long time but, yes I have been off the rails ever since. I can't begin to share the complex thoughts and emotions that I experience everyday.

My saving grace has been domains - I just wish Sue had seen the payback that has been my lifesaver for the last 4 years. Lifesaver is probably too strong a word , But AzooZa even today I haven;t been able to complete the forms for the life insurance (It's substantial - Natwest are doing their NUT) or even change the name on the house'gas etc - Yesterday I came back with an His & Hers Calender for next year - i do seem to be perpetuating my own agony.

this is not an excuse it's a request for understanding - I will bail out from Acorn for the time being- it's probably for the best anyway.

Sorry admin - move the post or delete as you see fit

All the best mate ... I can say I have learnt from many of ur posts so keep posting I don't mind the odd drunken rant ....Esp if it helps in any way good luck

Last edited:
Bailey perhaps needs moral support - let's get together and help him where we can. God bless him - whatever your 'God' or his is. We're with you mate.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

New Threads

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Laskos
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom