Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

Wanted: Domain Appraisal Too Cheap??? URGENT!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Hi

im not sure if this is in the right forum....

Ive JUST been offered £250+vat for the domain name:

www.BigCanvasPrints.co.uk

Can anyone shed any light on whether i should take it or is that too cheap??

Thanks

Personally I'd sell it.

EDIT: Just seen you've got a site on it. Is the site included?

Hi

Thanks for the quick replies/advice.

The site was recently put up just to get it indexed.

He already has a canvas printing site that he will point this domain to i think.

So £250 is ok then??

In my opinion it's a good deal. The search volume isn't significant but would be useful to your buyer.

Could perhaps push him for a little more (£350 ?), it's perfect for him after all.

If he gets funny just get rid sharpish at £250. Bet he'll settle for 300 though.

If it's on sedo, you can always go back and accept his original offer....

I'd certainly be looking to sell though. It is a good deal.

...You can take the man out of Peckham.....:)

I lost a $2,000 sale the other day for being greedy and pressing for $3,000. Buyer walked. I would have taken $500 :(

Thanks again for all the advice guys.

Its a first for me! For years ive bought domains with a view to developing (but not really done much with any of them) but i have NEVER sold one!

YAY!!

Im going to stick to the £250+vat (plus the transfer fees).

Hes putting the cash in my bank ac in the mornng and i'll transfer the domain after that.

My view - When contacting end users you should be inviting offers, not giving them a sale price. If necessary, say inviting offers above £X.

If you have given a price at which you are prepared to sell, you should honour it.

At the end of the day it's still a nice profit and you can move on to the next deal.

Rgds

My view - When contacting end users you should be inviting offers, not giving them a sale price. If necessary, say inviting offers above £X.

If you have given a price at which you are prepared to sell, you should honour it.

At the end of the day it's still a nice profit and you can move on to the next deal.

Rgds

Im learning as im going - thanks accelerator ;-)

Is this a site that you were making £1/day from adsense?

Yes and of course i know that i would have made that £250 in around 250 days - but i need to release some cash at the mo! So its an easy £250 in the bank.

Ive pushed ahead today and targeted other firms with a few of my other niche domains and i seem to be on a roll as ive had a few enquiries back on those too!

No one (so far) wants the sites as they are (even if they are earning a few £). All the end users ive heard back from just want the domains to develop or just point to their original sites!

(added - As a newbie to selling domains I was concerned about the transfer process, but it all went! Cash is in the bank and Nominet have already done their bit too! It was easier than i thought!)

congrats on the sale

many happy returns for all of us :D

No one (so far) wants the sites as they are (even if they are earning a few £). All the end users ive heard back from just want the domains to develop or just point to their original sites!

That's interesting. Do they think they are getting some Google ranking then?

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Latest Comments

Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

New Threads

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Laskos
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom