Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

Stolen domain!

Which do you agree with?

• I Should have suspected something fishy and started asking questions

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don't have ANY right to the domain at all - move on

• Domain Monster can do what they want with domains it's in their T&C - TUFF!

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
I had a domain booked with a catcher which I WON and was in my name on the Who is with Nominet......... Cool! :D

Went to change the NS on it today and BANG it had been transfered away to someone else!

Best way to get it back? As 110% know I was the registant on the 16th of September 2010 when it dropped!

First stop is Nominet.

Andy - One very very unhappy bunny! :?

Careful though mate, I have done it before and thought that only to discover I regged a typo by accident. Very red faced.....

But if you are 100% sure, then most catchers are willing to investigate it for you so whoever it is would be my first port of call.

Then yep Nominet will have the logs of it's history.

It's now on SEDO for "Make an Offer"

It's not a typo and shouldn't have just been transfered away.

thanks for the reply sir

Keep us posted as someone has impersonated you! Fraud!

That's the third case I have heard of this week.... a new and growing threat?

Could someone post a little more on this if they know anything.

Who was the catcher etc, how could it happen?

Surely the only way it could have happened in this instance is if the reg details were in golddiggers but the email wasnt, and if its whois opted out, you may just see your name etc?

I will tell more on here but don't want to open the box yet just in case they are on here and other boards and get a pre-warning ;)

I play poker BTW *holding cards to chest*

Dale (aZooZa) is helping me out understand what's happened and yes something has been done underhanded.

BTW Dale isn't the Bad guy he is just trying to help find the red handed loser.

I'll update here as and when I know more.

From Nominet but with my curly brackets:

"Following your earlier conversation, I can confirm that {CATCHER TAG} changed the email address from yours to {a regular here}’s email address on the 16th September.

This domain name was then subsequently transferred by {a regular here} into his own name.

If you believe this transfer to be fraudulent, we will need you to submit the details in writing on your official letterhead. We can then look into this for you."
I will be emailing both the catcher and the new recipient of the domain to establish whether or not they can assist. At this stage I have been advised not to post any identity information.

Last edited:
Wow! I'd hate to find out who is what, especially if a regular catcher/company

In this situation I'm sure nominet would use their powers and remove the company/persons tag if it was infact dodgy

If you believe this transfer to be fraudulent, we will need you to submit the details in writing on your official letterhead. We can then look into this for you."

I'm sure nominet will, but I want heads to roll TBH as mentioned to a few on here. Just lately too besides domaining in general I have had bits of flesh bitten from me and so now wasn't the best time to try and do me out of a domain :twisted:

]I will be emailing both the catcher and the new recipient of the domain to establish whether or not they can assist. At this stage I have been advised not to post any identity information.

If this was not a genuine mistake, then please name and shame (naturally after the investigation is complete)

I'm sure nominet will, but I want heads to roll TBH as mentioned to a few on here. Just lately too besides domaining in general I have had bits of flesh bitten from me and so now wasn't the best time to try and do me out of a domain :twisted:

There should be a Like button on the forum :) Totally out of order to be done out of a domain, if someone is abusing/taking advantage of their catching service...

Wow -domaining is getting more like the 'financial world' every day. Agreed it's got to be Cut-and-dry before we know Who

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Latest Comments

Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

New Threads

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Laskos
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom