Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

Star Wars domain - no surprise really

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pretty decent publicity for the fancy dress shop. And even a wee push for .uk!

I guess it depends if any negative publicity outweighs the revenue gained.

I doubt there will be any negative publicity, considering Disney bought the rights to the Star Wars franchise. There is no argument for anyone other than Disney having legitimate rights to the StarWars.co.uk domain.

This guy should get some legal advice before he throws £3k + Vat away on an appeal!

I think it would be marketing advice I'd be listening to.

£3k plus VAT is nothing for the coverage this has got and will get them, win or lose the appeal.

Will be interesting to see what they come back with this:

He added that Lucasfilm had owned star-wars.co.uk for a time prior to 2003, but had chosen not to renew it.
"We cannot find any case where a complainant lets a domain lapse, then files a complaint," he said. "I believe this case sets a precedent."

How many times have all of us heard of people dropping domains, then chucking their dummy out the pram when someone else owns it? I admit its a trademark, but will be interesting to see how they play this one.

Will be interesting to see what they come back with this:

How many times have all of us heard of people dropping domains, then chucking their dummy out the pram when someone else owns it? I admit its a trademark, but will be interesting to see how they play this one.

I have had just this over past 4 weeks. Company didnt renew domain it dropped, i got it then they DRSed me. Luckily Nominet closed the case today but been advised they could DRS again in the future which i find stupid as once it doesnt pass mediation and nominet close the case they should not be allowed to re DRS.

Assuming Disney don't go Jabba on them, and take them to the cleaners just for funsies.

I think it would be marketing advice I'd be listening to.

£3k plus VAT is nothing for the coverage this has got and will get them, win or lose the appeal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Latest Comments

Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

New Threads

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Laskos
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom