Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

Offers SPROUT

Registrant:
Sprout

Registrant type:
UK Individual

Nominet is very clever though, look:

Data validation:
Nominet was able to match the registrant's name and address against a 3rd party data source on 03-May-2017

@Jonnie Wake, carefully consider your next move; you've registered the .uk today, is that included with the sale? You are entitled to split the pair of course, but you will alienate most of the domainers that have made an offer on the basis of sprout .co.uk and the .uk rights of registration which were intact at the time. Good luck.

@Jonnie Wake, carefully consider your next move; you've registered the .uk today, is that included with the sale? You are entitled to split the pair of course, but you will alienate most of the domainers that have made an offer on the basis of sprout .co.uk and the .uk rights of registration which were intact at the time. Good luck.
There's not really any need for that. He never said it was or wasn't, he is not a domainer like I said. He only has this domain and he didnt even know what .uk was. Let's be friendly to newcomers!

There's not really any need for that. He never said it was or wasn't, he is not a domainer like I said. He only has this domain and he didnt even know what .uk was. Let's be friendly to newcomers!

That was my first thought. Lets not forget that virtually nobody knows about the .uk and rights of registration etc. I think most (non-domain savvy) people's reactions would be to register it when you find out about it 'just to be on the safe side'.

• Agree
Reactions: dee
Oh, I wasn't being unfriendly, just pointing out that it may change the views of those that bid, expecting the .co.uk and ROR. Now that the rights have been exercised, it might just be worth some clarity from the OP. I know I would need it if I was looking to buy. Best of luck to the seller anyway, hope he achieves the price he wants, nice domain.

Last edited:
I've owned this domain for years and have not used it. I am happy to continue owning and not using but if someone offers me a good sum, I'll happily let it go. I thought I was meant to secure the .uk domain as well, so I did for 99p - this will be included if it's required.

So what became of this? I take it Trauiner won the domain based on the terms Jonnie set? Since he stated "bidding ends midnight 7th May".

So what became of this? I take it Trauiner won the domain based on the terms Jonnie set? Since he stated "bidding ends midnight 7th May".
Not sure if it was an actual auction or not; it wasn't at the start anyway, just random offers being made. He did say bids over £1k, so maybe remains unsold.

Not sure if it was an actual auction or not; it wasn't at the start anyway, just random offers being made. He did say bids over £1k, so maybe remains unsold.

Jonnie stated the following..

thanks for the advice - offers over £1000 / bidding ends midnight Sunday 7th May

..which reads to me as 'or bidding ends midnight Sunday 7th May', at which time Trauiner was the highest bidder at £450 since there was no acceptance of Invincible's offer prior to his offer's expiration date on the 5th May.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Latest Comments

Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

New Threads

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Laskos
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom