Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

Slow Site

Status
Not open for further replies.
Acorn is terribly slow, maybe the ads? it's not just Romania, Oz as well.

Yes things are abit slow at the moment. To clarify - that is the site, not just me and lee :)

Yes really slow last night and this morning... :confused: I couldn't get past the home page yesterday and today I've just about managed to get here! :)

You know there must be somthing wrong when there is only 4 users online! I'm sure Admin will shed some light on the matter later today!

Rich :cool:

Experiencing the same problems as well. In fact it took that long to post this message, I nearly clicked off.

Yep, same for me last night and today - also managed to just get here. :)

Perhaps AD has had a heavy night out on the town and has a bit of a hangover?! :) Some plink, plink, fiiiiiiiizzzzz is in order perhaps. :cool:

We had a similar problem on another vbulletin board I mod on. We had 600 members logged in and 800 Guests.

After a quick investigation, most of the guests where Yahoo! Slurp Bots crawling the site. There's an option in Admin Control Panel to show the Bots under the 'Who's online' section.

Edit: Looking at the whos online, the option is on and most guests are Yahoo!

Last edited:
Yep was slow for me last night.... i was well board so decided to watch a film instead :(

It's working OK for me but wasn't here much last night.

Yahoo constantly bombards the site I have tried to limit it.

I will check with the hosting company as I dodn't change anything, add extra ads or anything for weeks.

Seems OK now admin, thanks. :)

Perhaps the server had a blip or some down time? :(

Maybe yes, I am trying to find out.

OK noted, thanks for the info.

What is it with Yahoo Slurp?
I've got a board where the bloody thing is reading 100MB a day. (Currently there are 73 copies reading.)

Yes I have the same thing, of course I want the site top of the search results but I don't want to bandwidth drain it causes.

Anyone know how to limit the number of bots it can send you at once?

Putting:

Crawl-delay: 10

in your robots.txt file is supposed to slow them down, in the above case to 1 page per 10 seconds.

I already have that, sent to 20, maybe that just keeps them here longer?

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Laskos
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom