Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

Goodbye Dan.com

Reaction score
Received the following email from Dan.com today, it was only a matter of time since they were bought out by GoDaddy, that this would happen, another great site destroyed by GoDaddy ☹️

Not sure whether to use Afternic or move back to Sedo:

We’re writing to share an important update about your Dan.com account.

As you might know, Dan.com joined the GoDaddy family in July 2022. Since then, we’ve been working alongside the team from Afternic, GoDaddy’s leading domain marketplace, to merge our two platforms.

To help with the migration, we’re excited to launch the Migration Center, where you can:

• Migrate manually: Take control of the migration process to create a new Afternic account, or merge with your existing one.

• Opt out: You can choose to opt out of migrating to Afternic, but after October 15th, your domain listings will be removed, and no new sales will be possible through Dan.com after October 15th.

• Download your data: Invoices, transactional data, and more can be exported through the Migration Center.

Choosing to move to Afternic means you’ll benefit from Afternic’s extensive reach, with no changes to your current transactions, or agreements. If you’ve been using ns1.dan.com and ns2.dan.com, then don’t worry – once you’re migrated to Afternic, we’ll automatically switch you to Afternic’s Custom Lander. The design will feel familiar to you.

We’re excited to take the next step in our journey with you! If you have any questions or need assistance, head to our FAQs, or contact us. We’re here to help!

Best regards,
Dan.com Team

my small (~200 domain) portfolio is 95% .co.uk - where should I move to?

afternic seems a bit of a turn off to me, although 50% of my *2* sales were via afternic lol.

my small (~200 domain) portfolio is 95% .co.uk - where should I move to?

afternic seems a bit of a turn off to me, although 50% of my *2* sales were via afternic lol.

Afternic (@godaddy) and @sedo are still the main choices to find end users for the UK names.

morning @atlas, is Brandable.uk fully functioning now? .. if yes - this would be a great alternative.

Guys at Fruits.co are growing fast - they are onboarding more and more UK domain investors regularly.

I started the migration to Afternic, but the domains will sit on there with no nameservers, and I'll probably up my prices to take in to account the 25% commission for sales where nameservers are not set to Afternic.

I've been through all my domains on Dan, and added them all to Sedo with BIN prices and page landers all set, I just need to set nameservers for all domains back to Sedo, and they'll be back on there in GBP prices.

I'm aware from previously using Sedo that payments can sometimes be drawn out, not always the case, but I think that's slightly preferable to continuing to use US Dollars on Dan/Afternic.

Dan were rubbish in my opinion anyway - I had 6 sales fall through in a row and Dan did nothing. Then getting acquired by the worst registrar in the world was always going to be the final nail in their coffin.
Is there any reason you don't want to park them yourself? It's not expensive to set up a catch all with a single page. You can always arrange payment then without commission using paypal, bank transfer, escrow, even stripe if you want to accept credit cards.

@ukbackorder, my reason for never having set up my own landers is lack of technical ability, my only option to park for myself, would be to have an individual html template page for each of over a thousand domains.

I could use the same html template page for each one, then I'd just need to change the domain name on each page, but I'd have to mess about using the add-on domains section in cPanel to add each domain to have a place to upload the index.html page for each, can't be bothered with all that messing about, rather pay someone to provide a nice parked page, and they take care of payments.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Laskos
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom