Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

Wanted: Domain Appraisal SJ.co.uk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
After chasing it for 3 years I now own SJ.co.uk
More vanity purchase as it's my initials and my sons so not for sale but one I find hard to value not being product related, would be interested in anyone's thoughts on actual domain value on this one.tia.

Last edited:
Scott you little bleeder i sent a letter about this yesterday i had seen the company had "strike off"

i will give you a tenner ....i know i am very generous

Just out of curiosity, what ball park did you end up paying (I expect many will feel sick after this answer).

High £x,xxx so not a steal like TVs but good enough value I think.

Thats still a nice price for an LL, its real bonus is its a vanity name.

Its going to be interesting to see how values change if nom release them.

I was willing to goto like early x,xxx for my vanity name (LLL), so the added LL has to be worth it :)

Nice buy, especially if you have been chasing it so long. I emailed last week just by chance to see if it was for sale and was one of the other people they sent the ballpark figure to :)

Nearest thing would be to look at a comparable cctld for that I’d say the .de is pretty similar (allthough german sales accounted for 54% whilst .co.uk was only 12 % sedo ?) last oct there was a sale with lots of ll.de the cheapest was AJ. de $2,847 highest was me.de around $61000. The upcoming sale of ll.co.uk with nominet will show you if you got a bargain or paid too much but as its your initials does it really matter…?

Last edited:
Not a bad two letter combination really. Combined with the special meaning it has to you, I don't think it's a bad buy.

Well done Scott - fabulous name mate and like Dale said, a perfect investment for the future

Not sure it's relevant to value particularly but in case you haven't seen...

SJ = Swedish Railways = SJ.se

Its rare and interesting to see a two letter .co.uk domain/domain transaction.

I think you made a good buy at High £x,xxx

My thoughts, realistically, around £10,000 – £12,000 +

A great investment for the future.

Prestigious and desirable as a personal web/email address

Apart from personal initials/ initials, it doesn’t currently really mean anything, as far as I can see. This keeps the price/value down.

Of course sj.co.uk could become a business brand. Nice and brief.

Great domain Scott!

It's certainly worth a lot more than you paid for it commercially, however, I do wonder how many potential buyers there would be for something like this as the characters aren't the best.

If it was mine I would be straight on the phone to Steve Jackson looking to fix up a trade for a very juicy generic which could be monetized much easier whilst still having similar commercial value. There is no doubt about it, he will love this domain ;)

Good luck with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Latest Comments

Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

New Threads

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Laskos
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom