Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

Wanted: Domain Appraisal SelfCertifiedMortgage.org.uk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Caught just got got me this one.

Are these google statistics correct?

Local Exact: 135,000
Global Exact: 49,500
CPC: £14.40

Thanks, Darren.

Nice name.

I'd be interested in this appraisal too, I caught SelfCertifiedMortgage.com on the drop in 2008 and have still got it squirrelled away on Whypark.

The exacts came out of nowhere September-ish 2009, so I'm not sure is they're 100% reliable though - the phrase didn't have a huge exact match (ie it was under 10,000) at the time I bought mine, although the CPC was similar.

Good one for a build and adsense job I'd have said, although I've not done a lot with the com.

Ty

Wasn't September time when the main lenders all stopped doing Self Cert mortgages? (In fact I think that all lenders have now stopped).

There will be a lot of people (self employed etc.) looking for legitimate alternatives.

Wasn't September time when the main lenders all stopped doing Self Cert mortgages? (In fact I think that all lenders have now stopped).

There will be a lot of people (self employed etc.) looking for legitimate alternatives.

That could explain the rise in search volume maybe.

Self-certification mortgages set to be axed | Money | guardian.co.uk

To me that means the value of this domain is time limited, you could probably develop for and target 'Alternatives to Self Cert Mortgages', but in a few years people will know what the alternatives are.

In a few years I reckon we'll see self-cert come back again. Maybe with tighter restrictions, but they'll be back.

In a few years I reckon we'll see self-cert come back again. Maybe with tighter restrictions, but they'll be back.

ditto that. As the wheel starts to turn full motion, in 2 years time they will be back with strict lending policies. In 5 years time it will be the same as before, except this time there will be guarantees in place. Not by the loaner, but by the lender.

Self-Cert were a contributing factor in the banking crisis weren't they ?

Lenders turning a blind eye to borrowers' inflated earnings claims, helping to drive up property prices. They didn't care, they just churned out the dodgy debt and sold it on to some-one else (lend more-securitise-profit, not securitise-lend more which had traditionally been the case) - until the defaults started rolling in and they couldn't sell the dodgy debt on any more.

I'm sure in time they'll be back though. Albeit, with much tighter restrictions (well, for a while anyway ! People have short memories).

- People will always want what they can't (and often shouldn't !) have, and there'll always be some-one around to sell it to them :)

All the best with it.

Steve.

self certs have a place in the industry. There are many self employed and other irregular earners who are the classic customers for self certs. The banks got greedy however, and did them for anyone who asked.

I agree, Steve. So long as there are processes in place to check my 'earnings' weren't knocked together on photoshop, they certainly serve a purpose.

I think in the furore of the property boom these internal processes were often overlooked in the drive to conquer the world ! External regulation is key.

Cheers.

If the product isn't currently available and no sure sign of it coming back in the future, then surely it could be classed the same as betamaxvideos.co.uk except betamax videos have an second hand aftermarket.

Just a thought

Many thanks for all the responses so far.

Might stick a few page minisite on the domain unless someone is interested in taking it off my hands.

Thanks, Darren.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Latest Comments

Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

New Threads

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Laskos
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom