Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

Offers Renovations and ovencleaning

Status
Not open for further replies.
Announcement regarding 'renovations.co.uk'

The above mentioned individual, as I expected, has refused to honour all of his obligations under DomainCatch agreement.

He has already sold 'ovencleaning.co.uk' and therefore, not to involve the buyer (who seems to be genuine, by the way), I'll leave this matter between them.

However, I have decided to take back control of the domain name 'renovations.co.uk', which my system has caught for him.

I believe I have no right to posses this domain name, however, I have a right to take it back and remove it, as if my system did not catch it.

I will be releasing this domain name back to the pool (or in other words - deleting it) sometime during tomorrow. I will be happy if someone catches it and possibly brings back to auction on DomainLore, so I can have a chance to bid for it as well.

PS: Current auction on DomainLore will be cancelled shortly.

The above mentioned individual, as I expected, has refused to honour all of his obligations under DomainCatch agreement.

He has already sold 'ovencleaning.co.uk' and therefore, not to involve the buyer (who seems to be genuine, by the way), I'll leave this matter between them.

However, I have decided to take back control of the domain name 'renovations.co.uk', which my system has caught for him.

I believe I have no right to posses this domain name, however, I have a right to take it back and remove it, as if my system did not catch it.

I will be releasing this domain name back to the pool (or in other words - deleting it) sometime during tomorrow. I will be happy if someone catches it and possibly brings back to auction on DomainLore, so I can have a chance to bid for it as well.

PS: Current auction on DomainLore will be cancelled shortly.

How did you 'take back' the domain? I mean in theory its possible to change admin email and reset / etc like that , however you still need to tick the box and agree that you are the *current* registrant agreeing to the transfer?

EDIT: Just noticed the reg date ie. today, so guessing it was a delete + re-reg so ignore me for being fick

EDIT2 : Was this on *his* tag or yours?

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes, Rob, that is how it was done.

I was still providing him services on his tag and since he refused to pay for his usage, I was able to take at least a part of the provided service from him.

I'd like to define a very narrow cancellation time, like during 1 minute period, so everyone has the same chances to catch it, this will be announced shortly in a separate thread.

Yes I did bid on my own auction and was genuinely unaware I was in the wrong. I thought it was ok same as utterfly as I wanted to keep the domain and would then have to pay utterfly half. I never read the rules. And surely I shouldn't of been able to bid if not allowed?

Yes Rob I was previously Hammer (admin is aware of that) I had that id deleted as I was spending far too much time on here when i should of been working.

Time to change your user name again?.....

I was still providing him services on his tag and since he refused to pay for his usage, I was able to take at least a part of the provided service from him.

I refused to pay for my usage? you didn't charge for usage. You charged a percentage of auction sales of which there was none on that domain. You cancelled the contract when you kicked me off domainlore. The contract which doesn't mention charges or taking domains back. oven cleaning is the only auction that had completed, which was after you had cancelled my membership, so why did you let that run but not the other?. You took the most valuable of the domains caught using your service and not any of the others.
Nominet have been contacted.

Last edited:
You was terminated from using DomainLore and DomainCatch, but I explicitly told you that this does not make you free from fulfilling your obligations and that the auctions shall continue.

After it became apparent from your reply that you are not going to honour anything, the domain name 'renovations.co.uk' has to be taken back.

As you had already sold 'ovencleaning', I couldn't make these matters affect the buyer. It is now up to you to at least fulfill your auctioneer obligations and complete this sale if it was genuine.

Sorry if I sound a bit dim Stender.

Do you think it's ok for people you know such as a girlfriend to bid on your domains (or other items) to boost your prices up? Or even you bidding on your own auction?

As I'm sure that's what I'm reading.... :confused:

I thought that would be pretty obvious as a no no...

Last edited:
For the record I was the winner of Stenders auction at DomainLore for the domain name ovencleaning.co.uk.

Despite the apparent confusion I’m confident that Stender will honour the sale of this name and demonstrate to all his true qualities and reputation as a domain trader.

I will keep you advised.

For the record I was the winner of Stenders auction at DomainLore for the domain name ovencleaning.co.uk.

Despite the apparent confusion I’m confident that Stender will honour the sale of this name and demonstrate to all his true qualities and reputation as a domain trader.

I will keep you advised.

Yes, Simon.

However, it is quite strange for you to learn about Stender's 'true qualities and reputation' so quickly, hours after winning his auction, if you never heard about this person before.

Unless, of course, you are not his cousin.

PS: I also find it rather strange that you were not able to verify your mobile phone number and I, trusting you, sent you correct verification code in the e-mail.

Unless, of course, you are not his cousin.

PS: I also find it rather strange that you were not able to verify your mobile phone number and I, trusting you, sent you correct verification code in the e-mail.

I've dealt with Simon in the past and never had any problems or concerns about his identity. To be honest Vizzy I feel people are a little pissed off with your business model.

Denys

You have completely misunderstood my post. I am a man of honour, please refer to my domain trader record on Acorn which is 100%. You’ll also note I’ve never done business with Stender before.

I must also reassure you that I have no connection whatsoever with Stender. I’m not related to him, I don’t know him and have never done business with him previously.

With regard to my previous comments, if Stender honours his agreement with me I will report that fact to the Acorn forum and let other Acorn members make up their own minds about him, his reputation and sense of honour. If he fails to complete the transaction I will also report that fact, that is fair.

With regard to the SMS verification and proxy bidding errors I experienced on your DomainLore system, they were genuine problems. If you have any doubts, please call me, you have my mobile number. I had the decency to give you feedback that I thought would be useful to you, yet you have issued a sarcastic post! I would be grateful if you could edit your post to remove your disingenuous comments.

Simon Dooner

Reactions: rob
Dear All

Can confirm having having done business with Simon on a 1K+ domain 15 months - so no issues in terms of a reputable purchaser.

Best Regards

JohnP

Everyone,

At first I also had no doubts that he is a genuine buyer.

What concerned me was the fact that Simon said that the seller "will demonstrate all his true qualities and reputation", when the seller has already demonstrated what he was up to.

This would be strange to hear from someone unrelated, but now I can see how it might have been posted in order to provoke seller to complete the sale.

So I apologize to Simon by believing he is not genuine.

I think enough has been said over this dispute and it needs to be resolved offline, especially if Nominet are going to get involved. Both members have been here since AD was founded I respect the presence of both of you.

Vizzy please start a new thread advising the full terms and conditions of use of your services including any changes that may result from this problem. There seems to be some general confusion how it all works, myself included.

I have edited out a reference to a Members TAG name since I respect members privacy here to decide for themselves to disclose that in posts or not.

Thread Closed.

Admin

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

New Threads

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Laskos
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom