Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

Wanted: Domain Appraisal RareWines.co.uk - Rare Wines Market Doing Well

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Hi Guys

So I switch on the TV this morning and the BBC is interviewing a nice man from Sotherby's Hong Kong, who is explaining how since Hong Kong abolished its wine duty in 2008, it has become the major global centre for wine trading. He was on the programme because Sotherby's have just had a major wine auction, where 12 bottles of Chateau Petrus sold for £48k. For domainers doing well, a spot of diversification into wine might be considered!

Anyway, I have the rare wines domain, and as the rare wines market is doing well, which as an "alternative" investment I would expect at the moment, it will be interesting to see if I can make a good sale on the name over the coming years. Apparently, the major buyers of rare wine are the Chinese, who see having the finest wines as a major status symbol. If the Chinese are buying, that should bode well for market growth too.

Rgds

I don't think theres much use for it for anyone not in the trade. Don't you need a liquor licence to sell alcohol online? I thought about buying a whisky domain as it has a large export market but after consideration thought it would be difficult to monetise.
whats the type in traffic for rare wines? would that be the search term or would you search for a particular wine? I would of thought you would only search for rare wines if you were trying to value a bottle or looking to invest.
Did you buy it off here? i recall seeing it advertised on here in the bargain section.

I see the value of this name as an "authority" name. I would hope to sell to a top end wine consultant. I do think that from a marketing point of view, buying this name would be an excellent investment, the pay off would be in the instant "authority" gained from the name. I did pick the domain up here, time will tell as to whether that was a good investment.

I don't see this as a name that a web developer would attempt to monetise.

Rgds

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Latest Comments

Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

New Threads

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Laskos
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom