Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

Wanted: Domain Appraisal Premium Appraisal (?) - NotebooksComputer.co.uk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
I think that with a little development, this could be a pretty big profit center due to it's strong keywords
.... Please Appraise:

• NotebooksComputer.co.uk

• NotebooksComputers.co.uk

Thank You

Please Appraise:

• NotebooksComputer.co.uk

• NotebooksComputers.co.uk

Thank You

As undeveloped names the value is around the registration fee you just paid IMO. To put it another way, I'd not have registered them for £5 each.

If you build something & actually get them ranking / earning then they'll be worth more, but with the unnatural pluralisation they're always going to be less than prime names even with earnings.

the domain game is a funny thing...

i can't say i necessarily disagree with everything you said - i mean, what domain name ISN'T worth more developed?... but if you're looking for a domain name in a competitive industry, the quality of the name can be paramount unless you plan on spending thousands more on advertising and brand recognition, which is really the only alternative.

there really shouldn't be too many intangibles in appraising a 'domain name'
.. i mean, it's the name we're talking about...

..but yes, the order of the words may seem a bit 'off', but consider:

Google keyword tracker reports that the key string "computer notebooks" is searched roughly around 3.35 million times a month... that's alot of searches... this is really just backwards - BUT - the search engines will still grant you , let's say, 'privileges' for the keywords in your domain.

Consider also, that if this was your business and you planned on maintaining your website like anybody else (any site, for that matter), your SERPs are going to increase naturally anyway.. so the potential in a keyword-rich domain name like this could be HUGE in the right hands, and i guess that's really the point... isn't that the reason that we buy all sorts of other names?

I know everybody likes to rant and rave about estibot figures, but this seems to be being used more and more since they updated their systems... coincidence?... who knows, but regardless, they seem to be picking up steam no matter how flawed.
... Estibot valuates this name at $26,000
...hmmm.....
that's a nice number to be looking at when it's available :)

... either way, the potential has me thinking of keeping it and developing it for myself... probably what's going to happen but i was curious what people thought...

thanks for the drop by... i appreciate the feedback and your honesty..
:)

The global results aren't really relevant here, as it's a name aimed at the .co.uk market. I do not always believe that a .co.uk extension is limiting in the global market, as I've had .co.uk names succeed globally, but they tend to be ones that are based around universal interests (humour etc), that attract backlinks from around the world. In this case I imagine that the name would be used to sell notebooks. Someone in the US would be unlikely to buy a notebook to buy a laptop from a .co.uk site, so I'd rule the global volumes out.

The local results for both terms you mentioned are quite low, and even the global result you quote is perhaps incorrect (on google side) as it doesn't seem to tally with the local results, and has higher volume than the word 'notebooks' on its own, which seems unlikely.

I don't disagree entirely that having both words in the domain is useful, even if they are the wrong way around, but I'd not sure that it looks appealing. In addition several notebookscomputer domains are still available (.biz, .tv, .cc, .me, .eu etc), which is often an indication that the wording is not in demand. .org.uk and .me.uk versions are also available, so if for some reason a person did want to target the uk market using the term in question, then they could purchase one of those.

I don't want to end on the downer, so certainly if you develop it, it at least has the potential to be successful :).

Last edited:
the domain game is a funny thing...

i can't say i necessarily disagree with everything you said - i mean, what domain name ISN'T worth more developed?... but if you're looking for a domain name in a competitive industry, the quality of the name can be paramount unless you plan on spending thousands more on advertising and brand recognition, which is really the only alternative.

there really shouldn't be too many intangibles in appraising a 'domain name'
.. i mean, it's the name we're talking about...

..but yes, the order of the words may seem a bit 'off', but consider:

Google keyword tracker reports that the key string "computer notebooks" is searched roughly around 3.35 million times a month... that's alot of searches... this is really just backwards - BUT - the search engines will still grant you , let's say, 'privileges' for the keywords in your domain.

Consider also, that if this was your business and you planned on maintaining your website like anybody else (any site, for that matter), your SERPs are going to increase naturally anyway.. so the potential in a keyword-rich domain name like this could be HUGE in the right hands, and i guess that's really the point... isn't that the reason that we buy all sorts of other names?

I know everybody likes to rant and rave about estibot figures, but this seems to be being used more and more since they updated their systems... coincidence?... who knows, but regardless, they seem to be picking up steam no matter how flawed.
... Estibot valuates this name at $26,000
...hmmm.....
that's a nice number to be looking at when it's available :)

... either way, the potential has me thinking of keeping it and developing it for myself... probably what's going to happen but i was curious what people thought...

thanks for the drop by... i appreciate the feedback and your honesty..
:)
If you wanted to offer more info to help peoples decision why didn't you put this in your first post?

I hate it when people ask for an appraisal and then challenge people who are giving advice (for free).

Premium Appraisal (?) - NotebooksComputer.co.uk
I think the domains are worth 0. You only registered them yesterday!!!

However, if you would like a "premium appraisal" i would happily tell you the same thing for a small fee :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Latest Comments

Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

New Threads

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Laskos
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom