Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

Wanted: Domain Appraisal Please, please please appraise Unet.co.uk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
I read with interest the unet.com has been sold and i was wondering what the .co.uk was worth.

I have owned it for approx 11 years or so from fresh and was interested in the value ( if any )

Its been used as a hosting company ( about 7 years ago ) then a directory ( yuk ) and a few other weird and wonderfuls. its been pr6 at one point, although it sits at pr3, not that Pagerank is worth anything these days.

your thoughts..

was the high pagerank when it was a hosting company?,i think it would be better used as a hosting site.

As a domain name its not one I would reg if it was free.

When I worked at UUnet, there was talk of us offering to purchase the domain/hosting company and we used to receive the odd email destined for unet.co.uk instead of uunet.co.uk.

hi,

I just wonder why someone who makes 100k + a year selling domains needs a help on a valuation on a domain like that :confused:

I read with interest the unet.com has been sold and i was wondering what the .co.uk was worth.

I have owned it for approx 11 years or so from fresh and was interested in the value ( if any )

Its been used as a hosting company ( about 7 years ago ) then a directory ( yuk ) and a few other weird and wonderfuls. its been pr6 at one point, although it sits at pr3, not that Pagerank is worth anything these days.

your thoughts..

hey,

The obvious reason for the valuation was the fact that unet.com got sold for 100k recently.

I may just dev it again as a hosting company maybe

as previously mention there was a warrington based isp called unet - I believe they used the .com so there would have been piles of back traffic.

As for unet.co.uk , as a name on its own there is little value IMHO.

as previously mention there was a warrington based isp called unet - I believe they used the .com so there would have been piles of back traffic.

As for unet.co.uk , as a name on its own there is little value IMHO.

So I should have taken 6 figures all those year ago??
I was offer some money from the 4unet people or phones4u or something, anyhow all history now.

na, never a isp from warrington called unet.com, its always been like a book store type venture.

obviously i am gutted its got "little" value from 6 figures even with the .com worth so much, still there must be tons of cheap .co.uk's around here as mine is of little value :p

Last edited:
listen, if you ever get offered 100k + for that domain as it is in the past, present or future and you don't take it then I think you need your head examined, and imo made a big mistake - unless of course you've got people phoning you up everyday begging for it and making 100k offers (which I seriosly doubt).

I know what you're thinking - hold out for the mega 500k offer, you might get it, you might end up with a reg fee domain,... who knows... :mrgreen:

I was offer some money from the 4unet people or phones4u or something, anyhow all history now.

na, never a isp from warrington called unet.com, its always been like a book store type venture.

obviously i am gutted its got "little" value from 6 figures even with the .com worth so much, still there must be tons of cheap .co.uk's around here as mine is of little value :p

As I said, the name alone is not worth much at all. If there was an existing site or previous use that generated income via commerce or traffic then there would be added value.

Certainly if it was for just the domain, 6 figs would have been an insane amount to turn down - especially a few years ago!

.com is not really a guide to .co.uk prices .

The .com most likely has value due to the warrington ISP (now owned by claranet i think) as it has around 40,000 user accounts with email/sites located at Clientname.U-Net.com (google) and thus would be a few direct typos and other odd traffic.

I keep going on about the ISP as that is the only use I can see for users in the UK, and there could be traffic (hosting keywords pay well) as a result, and thus rev.

As a name on its own I dont see any value that makes it stand out , is enet.co.uk or inet.co.uk or knet.co.uk etc better? Likewise as a name itself I personally would want to own 'younet.co.uk' to go along side it as it fails the phone test.

I would be tempted to dig out the old offer and get back in touch with them and see if anything can be done.

Appraisal

The guys on this forum will give , IMHO, a more intelligent and informed appraisal of a domain than any free appraisal software will.

Having said that, Julian's software seems good...

listen, if you ever get offered 100k + for that domain as it is in the past, present or future and you don't take it then I think you need your head examined, and imo made a big mistake - unless of course you've got people phoning you up everyday begging for it and making 100k offers (which I seriosly doubt).

I know what you're thinking - hold out for the mega 500k offer, you might get it, you might end up with a reg fee domain,... who knows... :mrgreen:

Julian - you actualy knew the .co.uk prices 8 years ago or so? when a domain called business.com went a number of years ago the whole domaining business balooned, even before that it was getting mental.

and enough with the "head examined bit" or the the "i doubt if you are called every day bit", you dont know me or my business. and keep you nasty words to yourself, you would not do it in person and i dont expect to be mouthed off in this forum. I moved away from DP to get away from that.

- edit - I just worked it out - it was the "i have got an M5 thing", ah that why i have have had a few "interesting" replys to threads from you, i get it now.....

As for unet.co.uk being sold to clarinet or something - the last time i looked it was sold to a russian company that has a holding company in caman islands ( spelling )

Last edited:
If you can make unet.co.uk a £100k domain then lets face it you could pick any domain and make it valuable because it's hardly a standout.

If you got a £100k offer or even a $100k offer (which would've been about £70k back then), you should've taken it imo :confused: but you kept it and you're making £100k a year so who are we to say you were wrong

Last edited:
listen - take it on the chin you got offered 100k+ for domain that now you couldn't get £6 quid for and move on we all make mistakes ;)

and enough with the "head examined bit" or the the "i doubt if you are called every day bit", you dont know me or my business. and keep you nasty words to yourself, you would not do it in person and i dont expect to be mouthed off in this forum. I moved away from DP to get away from that.

Actually I would tell you the above in person, ive never been one for mincing my words - you wanted an appraisal and you got it - but you probably didnt want to hear what I had to say so im sorry if upset you, please dont hunt me down and run me over with your M5 :mrgreen:

Nah, you wrong on your appraisal as you were wrong on where you thougt the domain come from.

I am not upset on the "appraisal" as I have seen some proper crap being flogged on this forum.

I even seen people blow off about prices on llll.co.uk's on this forum

I did not expect my domain to reach 100k but wanted an honest answer....
the only answer i got was £6. And yeah right I am sure that if I offered it for £100 - £1000 people would buy it so its obvious the valuations are completly wrong.

its a shame that the forum has not community spirit and full of slurs and also just another smaller clique - i will do the usual and bang out domains for sale like all the rest of them.

Also Jullian - how is £6 buying a domain a mistake??
perhaps you are just baiting me but you seem keen and very quick to wade in to spout off but slow to offer real advice

Last edited:
Unet,
sorry you feel that way, i personally think this forum is very friendly and helpful. the only thing can think of is that in your intro post you mentioned you make £100k a year domaining part time. This may have set you up for a fall imo when asking for an appraisal in your next post of a name that isnt that great to be honest unless its wanted by a specific company looking to protect a brand.

That said, thats just my opinion and i may be completely wrong and good luck with your domaining on here.

Rob

hi,

I just wonder why someone who makes 100k + a year selling domains needs a help on a valuation on a domain like that :confused:

Last one tonight?? As I have posted before: my career has nothing to do with domains, this is a hobby. What are you wondering about?? and what is moneys got to do with a valuation on a domain?? Does say john chow or problogger ask advice on their sites ( obviously and sadly I have to say " and no I am not either of them or claim to be" ah yes and there are much richer people on the net than them 2 ), sorry just covering myself.........................

hey PugyRob, are you reading the same thread i am reading?

i asked for a valuation not a slagging match or people making slurs.

I dont remember people taking to me face to face like that so its not "friendly"

Anyhow Unet, best of luck. Not worth arguing the toss.

Last edited:
Anyway it's a bit cold out side just lately don't you all think? BBbrrrrrr Soon be summer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Latest Comments

Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

New Threads

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Laskos
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom