Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

Wanted: Website Review Please constructively criticise this site

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Could I have a review of a site I’ve built for a local landlord? I’ve built it as a favour and not making money so I’m not going to spend ages on it, but I’ve built it from scratch and want opinions.

My main concern is the colour scheme as I am artistically challenged :( If anyone has suggestions for the colours of the background, text background and containing boxes I’d appreciate it. Please note the header is still being made.

Any other suggestions/comments welcome

Gordon Howes Student Homes and Storage

Thanks for your help :p

Last edited:
Thanks for the comments, I'll check that site out and see if I can come up with better colours; it shouldn't be too hard ;)

More suggestions are welcome.

The site is now live - Gordon Howes Student Property Rentals

Does anyone have any suggestions? I'm still not completely sure about the colours, but it's fine for now.

Make the background of "Student Homes and Storage" the same as the light blue used for the "student properties" section, or just plain white.

Text on lime green = never good :p.

I think it will be a nice looking site if you do that.

- Rob

That's the old version :confused: I don't know why you're seeing that because it is completely different.

Pretty good job alex, if someone had done that for me as a favour I'd be well happy. One thing I'd change is to have the photos at the top of the page above the description on the individual property pages. Might just be me but I always look at the pics first and they're right down at the bottom of the page at the moment.

As above, the background colour on the main text sections is doing my eyes in a bit.

Grant

That's the old version :confused: I don't know why you're seeing that because it is completely different.

I'm probably just seeing a cached version of the old site – will check back tomorrow.

- Rob

Grant, thanks for the comments. I have changed the position of the photos to the top. I agree that they should be more of a priority. My only concern is that they may be too close to the header?

I've also changed the colour behind the text to a lighter colour, but it may be too bright. White doesn't seem to go, but maybe a very light yellow or blue? Anyway I'll leave it until tomorrow.

Thanks for looking Rob, it probably was cached version, you'll see a big difference tomorrow!

Thanks for the help so far.

I agree with most of the other comments. The design itself is fine, but the colurs don't really gel.

Really nice site, excellent job considering you've done it as a freebie for someone. Information is well presented and I particularly like the fonts you've chosen, nice and clear.

Changes I'd make if it were my site:

• The deep yellow background is overpowering
  • Change "Toilets & Bathrooms:" to just "Bathrooms:"
  • Change font size of the content in "Rent Information" and "Go All Inclusive" to same size as content in "Description"
The only major problem with the site is that it's broken in IE6 which will affect between 7% and 10% of visitors.

Thank you for the comments and sorry for the delayed reply. I'm going to go through it tonight when I get in and see what I can change.

Are there any suggestions regarding the colour scheme? I realise the yellow is overpowering, but white didn't seem to work. I'll have a play with it later.

HariSeldon, thanks for the suggestions, again I'll have a go later. Unfortunately it was requested that "Toilets & Bathrooms" are written like that so it will probably stay.

Thanks again for your comments and suggestions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Latest Comments

Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

New Threads

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Laskos
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom