Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

Wanted: Domain Appraisal pets-for-sale.co.uk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Also got animals-for-sale.co.uk

Obviously would be better without hyphens but any value to these? quite a popular search.

Cheers

I'd say this would be quite difficult to sell mainly because of the hyphens.

The non-hyphen would have some value but it's limited by the amount of development effort required before you could make money from this sector. You'd still have to put in a lot of work to have a successful website in this sector. It's not an area where you can use affiliate programmes as far as I know.

Rgds

If you search for "pets for sale" you find pets4homes at no.1

On their site it says:

"Pets4Homes is the UKs most popular free pet advertising site, with over 1.5 Million visitors every month and 15 Million advert views."

So you might be better off putting in the effort to develop it, advertising pet insurance, etc, than building dozens of piddling sites that don't have the same potential.

If you search for "pets for sale" you find pets4homes at no.1

On their site it says:

"Pets4Homes is the UKs most popular free pet advertising site, with over 1.5 Million visitors every month and 15 Million advert views."

So you might be better off putting in the effort to develop it, advertising pet insurance, etc, than building dozens of piddling sites that don't have the same potential.

They do appear top, but they also appear top for plenty of other keywords:

Dog - 2nd
Kittens - 2nd
Puppies - 1st
Dog for sale - 1st
Cat for sale - 1st
Puppies for sale - 1st
etc etc

yes,
it shows it's a very good market with lots of potential.

I think the OP would do better develop it into a similar site to that one.

Thanks guys.

I used to work for a big classifieds company, one of the domains they had was in the same format with hyphens and number of words, they then moved it to a different domain which was non-hyphenated and there was a general uproar about it from the customers.

I think if your website users get used to typing in a domain that is a big part of it, apart from SEO of course.

So maybe I should look at developing it.

Cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Latest Comments

Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

New Threads

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Laskos
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom