Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

Paid Posts - Deep Joshi

@MapleDots Hi Frank, I am curious.. do you know any executive from the Vertical Scope team? https://investors.verticalscope.com/governance/executive-management/default.aspx

They have their offices in Canada, do they?

Frank, have you thought of a content coordinator on your forum? .. it seems they are still hiring https://jobs.lever.co/verticalscope

It would be awesome meeting with them (preferably in person) and learning how they run their monster forums.

@Adam H how many forums do you own? Do you hire a content coordinator or editorial level content publishers? .. if you don't mind.

@Daniel - Monetize.info what about you?

@MapleDots Hi Frank, I am curious.. do you know any executive from the Vertical Scope team? https://investors.verticalscope.com/governance/executive-management/default.aspx

It says on their site they own BenzWorld.org but I see that listed here

Unless that company is the owner of fora.com too which I think is one of the largest community management companies.

It says on their site they own BenzWorld.org but I see that listed here

Unless that company is the owner of fora.com too which I think is one of the largest community management companies.

yes, fora.com is theirs.. this is where they have listed their forums.

Yes, we have lost some of these after the "don't insult others" changes were introduced.
There is only one member who openly insulted another and they are still a member !

I’m yet to see any other insults. Calling out certain members for their BS is what we do in the UK. Everything else has been constructive criticism.

There is only one member who openly insulted another and they are still a member !

I’m yet to see any other insults. Calling out certain members for their BS is what we do in the UK. Everything else has been constructive criticism.

Thank you. I hear you. Let us have a pint if you come to the Summit :) Have a great Sunday! Helmuts

When I ran another massive forum I often invited members to become moderators (not admins) so they could participate in the moderating process.

Three things happened...

1. Critics started to understand the difficulties moderating when they were the ones doing the moderating.

2. The critics started to become some of the most constructive members giving it their all to make it a better experience for all.

3. Critics eventually went back to standard members saying the everyday challenge of moderating became too much for them. They did however continue as productive members.

So for me this worked with some of the most vocal critics, its kind of like saying if you don't like the way your city is run participate and run for office.

Last edited:
@Adam H how many forums do you own? Do you hire a content coordinator or editorial level content publishers? .. if you don't mind.
I sold all my active forums 5 - 10 years ago, although i have a handful left for a rainy day, they are not something I have time for. I still have interest in forums, just not any time these days that they require.

But no, during the period i did own a little network, didnt hire any content coordinators. Id say 50% of of the active forums I owned were purchased already active, and the other 50% were built over probably 5 years of getting them going, during the pre-social media reach capablity.

I sold all my active forums 5 - 10 years ago, although i have a handful left for a rainy day, they are not something I have time for. I still have interest in forums, just not any time these days that they require.

But no, during the period i did own a little network, didnt hire any content coordinators. Id say 50% of of the active forums I owned were purchased already active, and the other 50% were built over probably 5 years of getting them going, during the pre-social media reach capablity.

Can you please dm me the forum list you still own? .. or, feel free to post here (even though breaking our TOS) :) .. really curious..

Adam, if you manage to come to the Domain Summit - will introduce you to @Daniel - Monetize.info > his full-time business are running forums and communities

Can you please dm me the forum list you still own? .. or, feel free to post here (even though breaking our TOS) :) .. really curious..

Adam, if you manage to come to the Domain Summit - will introduce you to @Daniel - Monetize.info > his full-time business are running forums and communities

@Helmuts, there would definitely be a great talk filled with stories and insights with @Adam H
So Adam, if you come to the Domain Summit, give a heads-up :)

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

New Threads

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Laskos
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom