Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

Paid Posts - Deep Joshi

RB5

Reaction score
After seeing a lot of low-quality posts the last few days, I looked into who was posting. I found this profile on Fiverr which matches up: https://www.fiverr.com/darranjar with @Deep Joshi

@Helmuts can you confirm if the user is being paid to post and the reason as to why? As from the below screenshots it looks as if you're the one who paid for both Acorn and DNForum as Deep Joshi mentioned you're the one who told them about the forums.

daacf794-b9bd-4194-a8e5-edafecff5d6cDPL7IXHDTuAM6342633589.png

bdafa081-d041-4f5d-aac8-a9b3c9248a1emS1IwUUKtDAM0632875084.png

If there's a budget for paying £0.08 per post (based on the 200 post package), I'm sure there'd be a load more activity if it were integrated directly into the forum.

I remember a forum years ago where every member was paid per post. must of cost a fortune to keep running.

Good morning, Deepak is on training with me. He needs to learn domain industry and if will prove to be sucessful > will help me to jump-start other forums that I plan to build or buy.

If he is not sucessful - I will be looking for someone else to help with tasks relating to quality talks.

Let him learn about the industry :) Learning starts with asking questions

@Deep Joshi good morning, please continue learning about the domain names. No irrelevant posts, please. Thank you.

Good morning, Deepak is on training with me. He needs to learn domain industry and if will prove to be sucessful > will help me to jump-start other forums that I plan to build or buy.

If he is not sucessful - I will be looking for someone else to help with tasks relating to quality talks.

Let him learn about the industry :) Learning starts with asking questions

So this is paid work? If so using the introduction here it seems misleading as being paid is by its very definition not free time:

in my free time also interested in learning more about domain names and investing

Are low-quality posts going to be moderated such as:
e157ad5a-cf71-45fe-8e09-0cc528cf6102tb07F1NOUeAM7235816843.png

f77e1bf9-cf05-446b-9959-4079db9684679YfYysntP2AM6083143625.png

So this is paid work? If so using the introduction here it seems misleading as being paid is by its very definition not free time:

Thank you for your concerns.

Deepak is on training to work for me full time. He is a good guys and is learning. And currently strugling to create traction.

Let us not give him hard time - we are all people. Words like this can hurt. He is trying.

--

.. ok, I will say it. I plan to buy or build a forum targeting India, Bangladesh or some neighbouring country. Will need an admin there. Also a person who jump-starts the forum.

Have a great Friday all!
Helmuts

• Informative
Reactions: Ree
I remember a forum years ago where every member was paid per post. must of cost a fortune to keep running.

:) interesting :) .. hummm.. should we do this as well? :) just for fun? :)

do you remember the forum? .. would love to look it up.

It's disappointing to read these posts. I've been lurking more than posting recently and all I see is a gradual decline of this once great forum. Traffic and activity has definitely declined since the forum changed hands. Not that anyone cares about my opinion.

:) interesting :) .. hummm.. should we do this as well? :) just for fun? :)

do you remember the forum? .. would love to look it up.

Nothing new, most forums way back started off with a handful of paid posters, finding good ones that stay on topic , know the niche, then slowly leave as natural posts take over is more of the issue though. They were never designed to be apart of the community but are suppose to blend in, it's more about creating threads and topics that would help generate more natural traffic in search and social and hope that regular members just contributed to those threads.

But there is a time and place, most professional, very niche specific forums.........like acorn, i doubt it would benefit from. But happy to be proven wrong, so good luck.

Nothing new, most forums way back started off with a handful of paid posters, finding good ones that stay on topic , know the niche, then slowly leave as natural posts take over is more of the issue though. They were never designed to be apart of the community but are suppose to blend in, it's more about creating threads and topics that would help generate more natural traffic in search and social and hope that regular members just contributed to those threads.

But there is a time and place, most professional, very niche specific forums.........like acorn, i doubt it would benefit from. But happy to be proven wrong, so good luck.

Hi Adam, yes, you are 100% correct. And, yes - the main thing here is finding a person who emerges himself/herself in exploring the niche and becoming a professional in it (very rare to find such a personality).

.. Adam, let us have a lunch some time in London (if you wish to, of course) - would love to hear your experience in running forums. It would be cool to bounce off ideas :) How does this sound?

It's disappointing to read these posts. I've been lurking more than posting recently and all I see is a gradual decline of this once great forum. Traffic and activity has definitely declined since the forum changed hands. Not that anyone cares about my opinion.

Hi, things are ok :) The thing is - we have a number of old members who are boikoting Acorn for me cleaning it up.

Acorn is clean now from individuals who can insult you at any point they wish to. This is a huge victory for us.

--

Let me re-phrase it. I have a daughter (very curious about domain names, mathematics, statistics). Is this a safe place for me, you or someone else to recommend their children to come and learn more about the domain names? Before - it wasn't (that is the fact). Now, I really hope, it is.

Another one: no professionals from our industry companies were willing to talk here openly under their tags for the risks to their public image when some users starts bashing them > this is sorted now. Sample > just see how some companies are bashed at the other domain side-forum that was recently created (I would not be surprised if there were court cases on the public image done at such places against the owners of those forums and posters of the content that publicly bashes brands > and by this does damage to the brand and probably financial performance of the company). And they even bash the Domain Summit - the only event that is created for all of us to do more business.
Now > what are the chances of these companies asking their new employees/trainees to open an account at some "everything-goes" forum? > 0. I really hope, this is sorted now as well.
I am super happy seeing Jonathan from @SitePlug here, @Ryan Ewen and @atlas (hi buddy) of Brandable, @it.com and @sedo > official accounts of industry companies with serious budgets giving us a second chance.
With time, we will see more more companies being represented at Acorn and allowing their

Yes, the pub has been reorganized in a quality restaurant with a code of conduct. And we have lost conversations of individuals who don't want to accept the change.

I am a business owner. I test my employees and subcontractors in different environments and want to hire only smart, hard-working and happy people who gain happiness from gaining victories. Yes, as it was from the very beginning, when I hire someone > I do ask them to open an account at both forums and learn maximum about the forums and domain name communities.

And yes, with time, I will have few people working at all my forums, bringing in more traffic to all us with quality content, research and engagement. A person who passes the test-perios will have a badge "Team".

As for the activity - the traffic is here, and especially, we have domain buyers here :) Domain name forums mostly are used to buy and sell domain names for wholesale or liqudation prices. This is a 0 fee marketplace established 20 years ago.

Does this help?

:) hopefuly I haven't offended anyone who is trying to give the best advice on this.

maybe @MapleDots (Frank) and @Daniel - Monetize.info can share their thoughts on this? .. good conversation to be had. Thank you for starting this.

best wishes,
Helmuts

p.s. if you have a new employee who needs to start establishing contacts with the industry and learning more about the different layers of it > this is a safe place to do this. Let them come, ask questions and learn more.

p.p.s. wrote it without using chatgpt > apologies for gramatical errors // want the post to have a soul.

@Admin @Helmuts

Please delete my account.

Good evening, no worries. Consider this done. @Admin, please remove all the posts and this account.

Apologies, Ben, currently we don't have this feature available for our users, it is on our list among many other to-do tasks.

Hi, things are ok :) The thing is - we have a number of old members who are boikoting Acorn for me cleaning it up.

Acorn is clean now from individuals who can insult you at any point they wish to. This is a huge victory for us.

--

Let me re-phrase it. I have a daughter (very curious about domain names, mathematics, statistics). Is this a safe place for me, you or someone else to recommend their children to come and learn more about the domain names? Before - it wasn't (that is the fact). Now, I really hope, it is.

Another one: no professionals from our industry companies were willing to talk here openly under their tags for the risks to their public image when some users starts bashing them > this is sorted now. Sample > just see how some companies are bashed at the other domain side-forum that was recently created (I would not be surprised if there were court cases on the public image done at such places against the owners of those forums and posters of the content that publicly bashes brands > and by this does damage to the brand and probably financial performance of the company). And they even bash the Domain Summit - the only event that is created for all of us to do more business.
Now > what are the chances of these companies asking their new employees/trainees to open an account at some "everything-goes" forum? > 0. I really hope, this is sorted now as well.
I am super happy seeing Jonathan from @SitePlug here, @Ryan Ewen and @atlas (hi buddy) of Brandable, @it.com and @sedo > official accounts of industry companies with serious budgets giving us a second chance.
With time, we will see more more companies being represented at Acorn and allowing their

Yes, the pub has been reorganized in a quality restaurant with a code of conduct. And we have lost conversations of individuals who don't want to accept the change.

I am a business owner. I test my employees and subcontractors in different environments and want to hire only smart, hard-working and happy people who gain happiness from gaining victories. Yes, as it was from the very beginning, when I hire someone > I do ask them to open an account at both forums and learn maximum about the forums and domain name communities.

And yes, with time, I will have few people working at all my forums, bringing in more traffic to all us with quality content, research and engagement. A person who passes the test-perios will have a badge "Team".

As for the activity - the traffic is here, and especially, we have domain buyers here :) Domain name forums mostly are used to buy and sell domain names for wholesale or liqudation prices. This is a 0 fee marketplace established 20 years ago.

Does this help?

:) hopefuly I haven't offended anyone who is trying to give the best advice on this.

maybe @MapleDots (Frank) and @Daniel - Monetize.info can share their thoughts on this? .. good conversation to be had. Thank you for starting this.

best wishes,
Helmuts

p.s. if you have a new employee who needs to start establishing contacts with the industry and learning more about the different layers of it > this is a safe place to do this. Let them come, ask questions and learn more.

p.p.s. wrote it without using chatgpt > apologies for gramatical errors // want the post to have a soul.
The number one asset of a forum is the user, not the sponsor. No users=no forum=no sponsors. This place has become cringe, quiet and full of ads. There's the old saying "when someone shows you who they are, believe them". And what capitalist would ever consider signing up to a forum with no users? There's no business to be made. I think whoever bought this forum missed the point and will most likely run it into the ground, the proof is in the pudding. Buying forum posts from Fiverr is rock bottom. And for these reasons I'm out.

best wishes,
Helmuts

As an admin myself I can tell you I spend hours daily engaging members and starting topics. It's a tireless endeavour and it's a constant effort to stimulate conversation. I am currently considering volunteers or possibly even paying authors to contribute articles.

On our forum I will be handing out AUTHOR designations so it will be clearly visible who is hired or who is volunteering for these positions, therefore showing all members which threads are started by hired individuals.

I hope that helps.

Last edited:
The number one asset of a forum is the user, not the sponsor. No users=no forum=no sponsors. This place has become cringe, quiet and full of ads. There's the old saying "when someone shows you who they are, believe them". And what capitalist would ever consider signing up to a forum with no users? There's no business to be made. I think whoever bought this forum missed the point and will most likely run it into the ground, the proof is in the pudding. Buying forum posts from Fiverr is rock bottom. And for these reasons I'm out.

Thank you. I do agree - there is no business if there are no users. :)

Also, there is no business, if users who have no manners and are allowed to attack others. Would you agree? Where would you take a woman to a date > Wetherspoons or some nice restaurant?

Work in progress. The ship was in dangerous waters, now it is moving towards safe waters. Yes, most of us don't know how to behave now, as things have changed - we will get pass this.

Meanwhile, tonnes of work is being done, we experiment a lot as well, will be also working with content related to the UK industry, and, the mai thing is = the users do good business here at Acorn on daily basis.

I am happy to see that the Tuesday Newsletter is killing it! It has so many eyeballs of buyers. @Ryan Ewen what was a record of a domain name listed at the newsletter? .. sold within the first 2 minutes?

Business is good at Acorn. Everyone is welcome to use Acorn for business = all the success!!

Yes, some users will make public exits - that is strange > self-deleting an account at a business website where a person has created a great and trusted business profile to make money is a strange move.

All is good! Domain Summit is getting better and better business partners, regular monthly Acorn meetups are coming and more business is coming to the UK > and the domain world will be coming to the UK domain market via Acorn Domains. And all our members will benefit from this.

Great business all, and lots of sales! Helmuts

As an admin myself I can tell you I spend hours daily engaging members and starting topics. It's a tireless effort and it's a constant effort to stimulate conversation. I am currently considering volunteers or possibly even paying authors to contribute articles.

On our forum I will be handing out AUTHOR designations so it will be clearly visible who is hired or who is volunteering for these positions, therefore showing all members which threads are started by hired individuals.

I hope that helps.

Thank you Frank. Have you thought of hiring someone from the industry writing super quality content for DN.ca? .. covering .CA domain niche? .. I am looking into this.. in the regards to the UK, of course :)

You had lots of contributors, unpaid, supplying you with loads of quality UK content.

Yes, we have lost some of these after the "don't insult others" changes were introduced.

Also, we have updated the forum (hadn't been updated for ages and could collapse any time), are maintaining it as professionals should, apart from great volunteer moderators we also hire a full-time admin, maintain a free Live Auction Feed, plan updates, experiment with new features, have meetups (also attracts dn investor eyeballs to the UK namespace), have started Tuesday Newsletters, and are starting to return the presence of industry brands to Acorn.
@Tricky1 isn't it cool?

Like all business owners, I hire people for various tasks. Hiring is necessary if you want to grow a business. Hiring starts with training or testing various abilities of a person. When you start hiring people, some of them will not meet the required standards. And, as with all businesses, when a person is unable to do a job to the required quality, the hiring stops. Isn't that what you all do (those who hire people to grow businesses)?

I have found myself in the business of Domain Summit and running forums.

Acorn Domains is a forum and an onilne business community. Anyone is welcome to use it to buy and sell domain names. And many do this on daily basis.

All is good :)

Best wishes all! Helmuts
proud Acorn

p.s. ahh.. going really protective :( :/ .. apologies if the tone is wrong..

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

New Threads

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Laskos
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom