Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

Newbie Section

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Have you guys ever thought about making one? That way Newbies can ask questions there and just maybe one of the admin will answer them? It seems as
though if you don't have a one word domain or you are not Admin you get over looked.

Just a Thought

I guess we use the welcome section for that or try to help out the new people as long as they take some time to read what is here before asking the same questions all over.

It just seems like it would keep a lot of people from asking the same thing if there was a Newbie section with common questions Pinned or sticky. There seems to be a lot more people joining this forum each day and I think this would make a central place for Newbies to go to get info. Plus I think it would keep people from bumping their thread as much because.

But if the other section is where we should ask our questions I will just start using that. Mostly I wanted to know a little about everyone. There are a few names that I keep seeing pop up on here and I wanted to see there backgrounds and see how they got started.

Thanks for taking time to answer my question

One of the problems faced is that most peoples first 20 posts are in the Apprasial section, asking and pushing for apprasials on their domains.

If they contributed more, posted informative, interesting, well presented posts and then occasionaly asked for appraisals on the best of their names until they got a feel themselves on whats worth what, then they may just enjoy their stay a whole lot more.

If we could round them up and lock them into one area where they cant bother us... could work ;)

That is true but there is not much info that a newbie would have to offer that
someone that has been doing this for a while would not already know.

And about getting Appraisals..... Well, this is really one of the best ways to get better at picking domains when you are just starting out. If people would post feed back on the domains that the newbies ask about I think they would stop asking so much.

I know if someone would tell me that my domains are terrible but also tell me why they think that they are bad and what things would have made this a better pick. That type of feedback would make me wait a while before I asked for another Appraisal so I would have time to make a better choice.

But that is just what I think.

just think of this like a training camp,firestar replaces his keyboard every two weeks because he keeps wearing the letters r,e,g and f out(reg-fee),and he is always right :twisted:,but i do agree that a newbies area would be better because lots of people that introduce themselves go straight onto the appraisals and get shot down then never return,mostly youngsters that are trying to make a few quid,i think that it should contain a newbies appraisal area and explain why you think the domain is not upto standard,maybe admin can look into how many times newbies post 1-5 times then vanish???

On a board I run we have a newbie section, that only people with less than 10 posts can see (not even moderators). We then have three members (mentors) that can see it and help out the newbies.

Newbies are encouraged to test posting and ask anything, no matter how stupid and they know they won't be laughed at.

On a board I run we have a newbie section, that only people with less than 10 posts can see (not even moderators). We then have three members (mentors) that can see it and help out the newbies.

Newbies are encouraged to test posting and ask anything, no matter how stupid and they know they won't be laughed at.

that could be a good idea admin.

I think you should have a newbie section so they can ask whatever they want :mrgreen:

I'm still still learning all the time (but im am dyslexic)

A true newb probably won't have anything worth while to contribute ,so asking them to reply and make random posts just to build up 'score' etc is just pointless imo.

OK I have added a "new users" newbie section.

can we have a dating section, acorndating/com,i'm sure it will catch on,oh go on!!,not even dnf have one of them,you'll be unique.
Is there someone on here you have some hidden feelings for? :)

I'm more concerned with the people who have 100+ posts and still post stupid questions (don't mean the above one) :D. Can we have a special needs section?

Last edited:
Julian looks nice dressed up... when he gets his make up on wig shoes... :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Laskos
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom