Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

Wanted: Domain Appraisal My latest acquisition... searchengine.co.uk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Things move quickly.

I'm sure I took a look at the whois only on Wednesday/ Thursday of this week and it was still with thingymebob (I can't remember the name of the 'UK individual' to whom it was previously registered), although moves were obviously well underway by then, but 'under the radar'.

I think December is a good time to tempt UK individuals to part with their registrations by dangling a cash carrot in front of their personal debt. Their resistance is weakened.

It can happen in reverse though. I have a particular three letter name and never has there been an iota of interest in it...until this Thursday. I think they thought it was a good time to 'pounce' but I was 'strong'. I said "come back to me in January, I'm off to Barbados for xmas". I'm sure I heard an audible "gulp" on the other end of the phone. What a game this is.

argonaut said:
"come back to me in January, I'm off to Barbados for xmas".

Aren't we all? I'm heading out there with Mrs Columbo on Monday. Have got some bar work lined up for a month :cool: .

Getting back on topic though, nice name - would be interested to know whether it gets any traffic and the price paid ...

OK, on topic...

...how much did you pay, how long did the negotiations take, and how did you handle the transfer/ payment part. Specifically, did you have a written contract and did the money move before the domain, or visa versa? Escrow service?

The price shall remain undisclosed. Negotiations took about 48 hours. Escrowed transaction.

The owner had a couple of nice ones, I believe a different forum member nabbed yet another famous bargain ;)

Edwin said:
What do you think of searchengine.co.uk ?

As you are reluctant to quote the price, how can anyone answer this?

If you paid £5, well done.

If you paid £5000, you have been done.

Its a question that cannot be answered.

Sorry, but you don't actually need to know the price of something to appraise it!

But surprisingly nothing on UK OV with the ext.:???: I would have thought there would be something. searchengine.com gets 1220 on US OV...

No specific plan yet. I have a LOT of ideas, but I haven't decided which to pursue... it's early days! And of course it makes a great pair with my SearchEngineMarketing.co.uk domain :)

Last edited:
Another for you

i own - websurfing.co.uk it might go nice with your searchengine.co.uk?

if you want ,make me an offer! PM me

I don't think I've ever seen a better example of somebody blatantly showing off what they own. My appraisal is that if you paid more that £1000 then you were done considering the UK OV with the ext is a big fat zero.

Besides, SearchEngine.co.uk and SearchEngineMarketing.co.uk are simply too long for the average user to type in.

Also, the term searchengine is very likely to change as the internet moves on in the short term.

To the masses, search engine is 'google' so I see no long term benefit from it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members online

No members online now.

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

New Threads

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Laskos
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom