Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

Wanted: Website Review My first affiliate site

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Okay any reviews are welcome for a new site i have built. it has taken 1 and a half days so quite happy with it so far but more needs to be done(e.g content etc).

It's super king size mattress.

go easy rampage :)

Look and feel wise, I think it's a great start

* Body text could do with a bit more contrast
* Header seems a little too large, less height would mean more content above the fold
* Don't like the white background of the mattress image against the gradient

Look and feel wise, I think it's a great start

* Body text could do with a bit more contrast
* Header seems a little too large, less height would mean more content above the fold
* Don't like the white background of the mattress image against the gradient

Thanks for your input...quick too :). Shall note all that is added here over the next few days and make a few changes.

I wanted to get it out as quickly as possible to start the indexing etc.

The links that matter, i.e. the affiliate links, are way too far down the page IMO.

Long term you will find management of your aff links easier if you use a link masking script.

Rgds

The links that matter, i.e. the affiliate links, are way too far down the page IMO.

Long term you will find management of your aff links easier if you use a link masking script.

Rgds

Hey Cheers. Funnily enough, I was looking into this over the weekend as I have read about affiliate jacking etc !!

That is round 2 :).

I have been trying to spec up a framework to use with multiple affiliates and this has given me a good broad feeling of requirements.

I figure it will be easier to put in the backend work now and hopefully benefit in the future with a creating a very dynamic integration process.

Anyone who would like to outline their framework, I am open ears.

Thanks again

Do a search for pricetapestry, that's a good script to use for affiliates

Can't Google detect this too and penalise even more for trying to deceive?

Perhaps I should have described it as a jump script rather than a masking script, but anyway, I use it on all of my sites, and anecdotally it doesn't seem to do any harm. When I looked at implementing it a few years ago, I didn't find evidence of penalties, and I've been happy with the performance since then.

Rgds

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

New Threads

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Laskos
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom