Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

Wanted: Domain Appraisal Mini Site: Homemade Bread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
I just thought I'd show off my most recent mini site about home made bread

homemadebread/co/uk

I'll add a few more recipes until I get fed up of baking. Not expecting a big revenue stream from it but it would be good to sell the odd breadmaker every now and then to cover the cost over the domain and hosting.

Phil

Looks a tidy site - and the pictures show you have gone to some effort :)

I think doing stuff like that will be the next natural progression rather than 250 words of content + adsense .

cheers,
rob.

that is a cracking site,i have even bookmarked it :),are those your pics of you working away in your kitchen ?

mark

Great site. Had a look at a couple of others and they all look professional and tidy :)

Well done!

SEO Question: Would Google like it more if the different sections were on sub-pages rather than sections of a single homepage?

SEO Question: Would Google like it more if the different sections were on sub-pages rather than sections of a single homepage?

It would certainly be easier to target keywords...

It's difficult to target say "french bread" if its a section on the main bread page, but if you did a seperate page specifically with instructions making french bread and "french bread" in the title I'm sure you'd pick up natural links that'd help it rank.

As an aside I can hit your homepage with www and non-www. I'd sort that out if you can (pick one or the other).

Cheers.

Nice site, well done!

I'd second the view that having individual pages for different recipes would help SEO - and make it easier for visitors to find things. Perhaps a section of reviews of related-equipment (bread makers, etc) would be useful for readers and give you more opportunities to plug your Amazon links?

Cheers, Jon

Yeh sure...

I can hit your site as both:

http://homemadebread/co/uk
http://www.homemadebread/co/uk

Google will see these as different sites so you could potentially have dupe content issues as well as people linking to both www and non-www versions of the site.

If the site is on Linux, create a .htaccess in the root and add the following to it:

RewriteEngine On
RewriteCond %{HTTP_HOST} ^yoursite.co.uk
RewriteRule (.*) http://www.yoursite.co.uk/$1 [R=301,L]

So this is saying yoursite . co . uk has permanently moved to www . yoursite . co . uk

Full article here.

How to 301 Redirect Non-WWW to WWW URLs :: SEO FAQ - StepForth Placement Inc.

that's a nice looking niche site well done! Photos really add to the content.

Did you consider using wordpress at all and then update with blog posts as you make the next loaf ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Latest Comments

Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

New Threads

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Laskos
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom