Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

Wanted: Domain Appraisal Inverness.me.uk

Status
Not open for further replies.
I reckon demand for geo .me.uk is still weak at the moment. What do you think it's worth?

Rgds

Don't know; not much but certainly not reg fee. Considering the extension, the name being one of the 6 cities in Scotland and what I had for dinner last night, I'd guess it's value around £100 to the right buyer. Is that being a bit optimistic? I didn't really request a valuation only for me to value it.

Let's put it this way ... I've tried selling Turkey.me.uk recently on here, which I think is a great name as Turkey is an up and coming holiday destination, so there are good affiliate opportunities. However, no one on here wanted to buy it.

Rgds

Personally, I think Inverness is a better fit for the .me.uk extension but obviously Turkey is more widely known. Maybe it's way too early for .me.uk domains in general for them to have any real value...

Thanks for your comments Accelerator.

I agree that Inverness fits much better to a me.uk extension than "country" or any other location outside the UK for that matter. I seriously doubt you will be able to sell it for more than XX to a reseller (personally I wouldn't pay more than £50), unless someone really desperately wants it.. but hopefully I'm wrong :)

I think development is the way to go with most me.uk's as they don't seem to hold much value in the current market. I own italy.me.uk and poland.me.uk and there is no interest in them so far, just like accelelator mentioned with his Turkey domain..
I will try to develop some of my geo's into classifieds websites in the near future to see how they perform.. As for non UK geo's on a me.uk domain - I think a forum/classifieds for Brits living in Italy/Poland/Turkey/whatever would be a good alternative to affiliate travel site.

Rgds

Last edited:
Although most folk on here will be resellers, there will be some who are end-users as well so it's worth trying to sell domains at end-user prices.

I'm going to advertise the domain on Gumtree Inverness and see what sort of response I get; could get a great response because it's highly targeted or it could be rubbish as I'm sure there won't be many domainers lurking on the website. Any other suggestions as to who I could target?

Status
Not open for further replies.