Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

Wanted: Website Review imountainbikes.co.uk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
I bought this reg fee bike name 2 days ago, I've taken all the bikes from 2 of my other sites and merged them all on to this one site, spent all day today saving pages and editing, my hands and eyes are killing me, what sort of value now as domain and site together?

iMountainBikes.co.uk

Obviously it'll be worth more once it gets indexed/ranked in Google serps and earning revenue, as I'm sure it will like my other bike sites.

Hi Systreg,

I don't know how much it's worth but just wanted to say I think you've made a great job of it. Lots of really useful information and looks nice in an understated way. Not sure if it's better centred or not. Perhaps not.

If I was looking for a bike I'd certainly be clicking on the links.

I like the link text you've used. It encourages click-throughs, yet it's clearly linking to another site.

Good luck with it.

Steve.

Last edited:
i would "center" it (i hate spelling it like that) it is looking good mate and i would remove that affiliate box on the right and replace it with a 120x600 google ad blended in it should fit nice.

mark

Last edited:
@ Mark and Steve, thanks for the comments, but what do you both mean by centred, what needs to be centred on the site?

@ Mark, I deliberately left Google Adsense off the site as I'd rather get commission from a potential bike sale than a few pennies from an Adsense click.

Last edited:
Hi Systreg,

The actual body of the site is currently all sat over to the left.

Using CSS, to centre it you just need to change the left and right margins for the main body of the site to "Auto", then the main body of the site will always sit in the centre of the screen regardless of the screen size or resolution.

I work with dreamweaver, so, if you don't, perhaps Deliajen can advise you on how to centre it.

Site's looking good though.

Just out of interest, who are you hosting it with and how much is it a year ?
Hope you don't mind me asking. I've been using an american company, Justhost, but their customer service is just appalling. They throw a free name in with the hosting but when I've asked them for the registered email address and password for nominet they haven't a clue what I'm talking about. Nominet tell me the registered email address is some obscure company, when I email the company for details they ignore me, and there's no phone number - so to cut a long story short I've got no control over my own domain name !!

Cheers,

Steve.

Hi Steve,

The actual body of the site is currently all sat over to the left.

Using CSS, to centre it you just need to change the left and right margins for the main body of the site to "Auto", then the main body of the site will always sit in the centre of the screen regardless of the screen size or resolution.

It's showing the site as being centred for me on this computer, same on the laptop, see screenshot from this desktop showing it in the centre:

Just out of interest, who are you hosting it with and how much is it a year ?

I use the free webshosting at 50Webs.com for all my sites, it lets you host as many domains as you want, but that does not include php and all the techy stuff some people need, I don't use anything other than html, so it's fine for me for free.

Thanks for the hosting info. Will look into that.

Yes, the problem is when looked at with different resolutions, the main body moves over to the left. I have a widescreen laptop on a higher resolutions - 1400 by 900, and this is where the issue is arising.

If you go into your computer's control panel and increase the screen resolution you'll see this issue and be able to test it.

However, your computer may not have a higher resolution. Especially if it's not widescreen.

Your laptop will probably have the option to get the screen resolution up to 1400 by 900.

With CSS it's a really simple fix. You're just 'instructing' it to always sit in the middle. At the moment, that instruction is not there.

Some of the guys on here will be better advised to tell you how to do it if you're not using dreamweaver. I'm sure somebody will post a solution for you.

Perhaps that's a Joomla template you're working with ?

Cheers,

Steve.

Just to confirm the main body moves over to the left when the site is viewed using the internet explorer browser on screen size 1400x900.

It may look different on different browsers, so I install firefox and opera on my computer to check it looks the same on all 3 browsers.

Cheers,

Steve.

Mac FF3 here

Layout looks fine, just the bottom

Think you need a

<br clear="both" />

after bottom image

Attachments

• imountainbikes.jpg
    imountainbikes.jpg
    59 KB · Views: 74
Yes, the problem is when looked at with different resolutions, the main body moves over to the left. I have a widescreen laptop on a higher resolutions - 1400 by 900, and this is where the issue is arising.

I get you now, this desktop I have is set at 800x600 resolution, I just tried it on the laptop at 1280x800, which is the biggest resolution on there, and that still shows it centred. I'll try and sort something out with the style sheet some time to correct it, cheers for the advice.

Think you need a

<br clear="both" />

after bottom image

@ Nick, I put one of those tags on there now after the image, any better? Cheers.

[edit]

I removed that code and put in a 120x600 skyscraper banner in place of the small button banner that was there, to make the page longer, that should fix it :)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Latest Comments

Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

New Threads

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Laskos
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom