Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

Wanted: Domain Appraisal .im names

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Hi,

Are the .im's valuable?

I have three LLL.im's
qvc.im
mcr.im
gti.im

Two adult names
emale.im
lube.im

and four generic domains.
estateagent.im
suite.im
nine.im
quality.im

Anyone any idea's on pricing?

Regards,

Marcus

Are the .im's valuable?

No, at the minute they're not valuable and there are still loads of top keywords unregged, which is always a good indication of the commercial interest in an extension.

Given the high registration fees and very low interest I'd have said you'd be doing well to make any resale profit on a group of im names when they are taken as a whole - ie covering your costs will probably prove difficult.

sms im

sms.im is selling on sedo for £5,500 and each one only cost me $6.99 with name.com

sms.im is selling on sedo for £5,500 and each one only cost me $6.99 with name.com

Fair play re pricing - they've dropped a lot since I last looked if that is the case.

Re the other, n-e-w.co.uk is for sale at Sedo with an asking price of $100,000, but that doesn't mean it's worth anything. It's the seller who sets the asking price, and most of the asking prices on Sedo are just plain ridiculous - ie they bear no relation to the market.

sms im

it is on an auction and has 1 bider ends in five days, someone must be very interested to be willing to pay £5,500.

it is on an auction and has 1 bider ends in five days, someone must be very interested to be willing to pay £5,500.

Well there you go! Assuming it's not a shill bid, then there obviously is a demand.

Maybe you should get a decent .im portfolio together then, you'll make a fortune if they all sell for mid £x,xxx.

Surely if the buyer was based on the Isle of Man it would explain the interest.
There have been 25 bids for the name, so that could explain the 5,500 offer needed to start an auction. But generally speaking the Isle of Man would not be a large market.

yes, population very low and think registry doing a cash grab by dropping prices so low from so high

i think in the case of sms.im it may be one of those rare sales, also obviously not a LLL sale like in .co.uk when a company buys
i realise sms has another meaning ;), but i think the few sales in .im have been due to hacks or the instant messenger angle and voim

Thanks

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/IM

Wiki says that some people who run Instant Messaging are snapping up some domain names.

L.im £995.00
LL.im £495.00
LLL.im £4.38 (name.com)

Thanks for all your comments on this one.

Regards,

Marcus

The only name I like is quality.im but I won't even try to value it. I only registered my first .im name yesterday and have absolutely no experience with them, but from what I've seen from past sales, the only LLL's that have some value are the meaningful ones.

Personally (I've learned this the hard way lol) I would only register these .im's which another domainer would be keen to buy at any time (even if for minimal or none profit) so at least you will not make a loss..
BTW, the name i got yesterday is bmx.. and after reading the wiki article from the link, I regged another .im - immobiliare (that's the Italian version).. but I'll stop now, at least until I can see some interest in the two I own.

Regards

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Latest Comments

Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

New Threads

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Laskos
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom