Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

Wanted: Website Review Home Waxing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Had a very quick look. I think you've done a nice job.

I think that the header takes up too much height, I usually say that to people.

Can you incorporate the product videos from Amazon with an affiliate link?

Where you say "Buy Now", I would be inclined to say "Buy Now from Amazon", so people know where they're going. However, I've never tested whether this makes a difference.

I personally like to incorporate AdSense within body text. My untested theory is that click through will be higher.

Rgds

I think I'll take your advice on the 'buy it now' buttons, sounds like a good idea to avoid confusion.

Banner height does seem a bit big now I'm sitting on the laptop, that's what happens when you get used to working on a 24" monitor.

In future when I'm laying the site and graphics out in Illustrator I'll section the screen off into laptop sized chunks so I can get the important lead text and a 'buy it now from Amazon' button on the main screen without any need for scrolling down.

I think it's a called above the fold or something.

As for adsense, I was trying to move away from it with some of my new sites in an attempt to increase Amazon sales.

Thanks for your input.

Phil

Looks ok but as said banner is big and does the text really need to be in the picture it serves no purpose seo wise…? Maybe text then image

If you have links, affiliate etc that lots of other sites have to same products then as its not really offering any thing different “g” is not over keen as many of the bans sites found when google de indexed them

It can be beneficial to have a few pages with none g along with others prefer unique content pages (no affiliate links etc) to those with them.. Its tempting to have them on every page but that can effect listing 1st to 50th page if your all offering the same thing ?

Not sure about the buy now from amazon it can be just as counter productive( ie they just go to amazon in future etc ) as productive (trust the company etc ) but if your site looks professional etc there is no reason for them not to trust you…?

I have my (affiliate)? links pointing to a php page on my site.

The php 301 redirect contains the affiliate link.

The 301 redirects are new to me but someone here recommended them as the look more professional.

I'm not sure if that makes a difference to the big G and serps.

I plan on interviewing a beauty student when I get back to college and get a waxing article up too.

I really like it, nice, simple and clean.

I'd possibly move the home page content around and feature the rio waxing kit higher up the page, "the best home waxing kit bar none" type of heading. I can see that selling well.

Saying that it is advertised in the side bar but your eyes pull away from that imo as the image is too big.

Good work

Nice and clean site, I like it. The only thing I don't like is the "Email" button in the menu section, I would replace it with "Contact", but thats just a personal preference :)

Regards

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Latest Comments

Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

New Threads

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Laskos
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom