Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

Wanted: Website Review HockeyStick.org.uk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
WWW.hockeystick.org.uk

My first true attempt at an affiliate store. I know I need to lose the adsense, but other than that, what do you think for a first stab ?

(Thanks to Ty & Skinner for their nudges in the right direction).

As a player myself, filter by brand and length would be nice. Players tend to pick a brand and stick with it, I've only ever played with Dita or TK sticks, so would look to get another of those before any others.

Thats a great layout, and I really like the colour scheme, I would get a logo created, to generate brand recognition. Didn't realise this was such a big market, all in all great job, and just shows how support from the experts on the forum helps.

Kind Regards
Leon

Overall a thumbs up.

Not a fan of the big grey text with the drop shadow, quite difficult to read.

On the Hockey Balls page you've written "will encompasses" in the header rather than just "encompasses" or "will encompass".

On the Hockey Shoes page you've spelt "available" as "aavailable" and put
"designed to" which I think should be "designed for"-just sounds a bit wrong.

In the headline you might want to try
"font-family:georgia"
"font-weight:normal"
to give it a classier look and maybe make the ".org.uk" slightly smaller or a different colour-it looks a bit awkward at the moment.

Feel free to bash me with your hockey stick next time I'm driving through
Ravenstone on my way to Garrysons at Ibstock! :)

Cheers,
Mark.

You could do with an image in the header to make it more exciting.

Put aff links to the top hockey shops right at the start of your home page text, good for conversion.

Use a bright bullet point in front of the navigation to highlight it.

Personally I don't like light gray text, it's an effort to read.

Rgds

Good start Pen, nice amount of content on there, perhaps add some more products to the homepage - make it look a little bit more ecommerce like!

I am currently building a sport related website:

http://wicketkeeping.co.uk/

Lots of work still to be done, but I am hoping that having clear product pictures on the homepage will lead people through to products and out through the aff links.

(I know the actual pages are not formatting correctly at the moment, this is a site which is "WorkInProgress" :) )

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Latest Comments

Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

New Threads

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Laskos
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom