Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

Wanted: Domain Appraisal Golf Domain help needed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
I would love someone to tell me what they think this domain golf-clothing.net is worth?

Its has 368,000 as exact (though as mentioned in other places figures maywell be inflated due to christmas). I am a golfer and know there is a huge demand for this niche

As i do not have a mimimum in mind can people help me out and give me an approximate idea?

Regards

M

Hi there,

I think with it being a .net, the hyphen really doesn't help. But great keywords, so you never know.

There is some value, but I'm not sure how much - perhaps others on here an advise. Here's a list of .net 'golf' sales for you to compare it with. Note, none with hyphens, but golf clothing is a great area.

Good luck with it !

Steve.

GolfClubs net $30,000 Oct 07 Moniker
GolfClub net $8,830 Jun 07 Moniker/Traffic
GolfVacations net $6,488 May 08 AfternicDLS
GolfLessons net $3,530 Nov 07 Moniker/Traffic
DiscountGolf net $3,500 Jul 07 Moniker
GolfPlanet net $1,800 Nov 07 Sedo
GolfStore net $1,690 Nov 07 SnapNames
GolfApparel net $1,488 Sep 08 AfternicDLS
PlayGolf net $1,300 Jul 08 AfternicDLS
GolfTravel net $1,289 Sep 06 Sedo
GolfCam net $1,188 Jun 08 AfterncDLS
GolfNews net $1,188 Sep 07 BuyDomains
JuniorGolf net $1,124 Mar 06 SnapNames
GolfMyrtleBeach net $1,088 Nov 09 AfternicDLS
GolfExpo net $1,050 Jul 09 Sedo
GolfShirts net $1,000 Sep 09 AfternicDLS
GolfPartners net $1,000 Feb 07 BuyDomains
GolfHolidays net $1,000 Jan 07 SnapNames
JuniorGolfTour net $455 Apr 07 TDNam

Thank you Steve.

I am still in two minds as to develop or to sell (though never really done clothing as aniche before!)? and hoping if i put it up for appraisal that would get a fair idea of this domains worth. After Golf Clubs this the is second most searched term with in golf.

Cheers

Mansoor

An hyphenated .net, maybe best to develop and then sell ?

Good luck :cool:

Yeah the issue is that if i am going to develop it then really no point in selling it as it will definitely make money... What i was after is an idea of how much this domain will be worth as is.. Ofcourse if its not much as i think i can definitely develop it.

I also generally tend to avoid hyphens however! with portential like this and exact matches I think It can only do well!

M

I think the value in the project would be in the work you do to develop it. Without any development, I can't see any value in the domain on its own.

Keywords in a domain can be a good thing, but the other hand a hyphen and a .net are two negatives.

Many people if given the option would go for a non hyphenated .com (or .co.uk) with a lower keyword score (and possibly something more brandable/memorable) to develop.

Here are some free to reg domains that might just be as good as yours:

CLOTHESGOLF.NET
CLOTHESGOLF.INFO
CLOTHINGGOLF.INFO

This kinda shows that there are still similar free to reg names out there, which all have some keywords and could do well... so the value really is in your development.

Give it a try, you sound passionate about your idea so will do well.

Thank you for the comments!! and good wishes :D

I agree that if it did not have hyphens and was a .com or .co.uk it woudl be better. And I will have having a very very merry holidays!

As it stands i know form experience irrespective of niches .net can rank (i.e be number 1) and same applies for .org and .org.uk

I have a really good .info domain but never got that to rank! did not matter how much seo i threw in it or how many links!

withregards to domain name there is a split side.. clothesgolf may be an exact match for keywords but will have no residual natural traffic and harder to remember then golf-clothes.net.

I actually though about selling this domain as I remembered getting it and then saw a guy on A4u saying that golf-balls.co.uk sold for 2K and hence my question here...

Yes, even Iam thinking with it being a .net, the hyphen really doesn't help. But great keywords, so you never know.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Latest Comments

Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

New Threads

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Laskos
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom