Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

Offers GirlsTrainers

Status
Not open for further replies.
the auction ended at 9:00, so surley its still 9:00 untill its 9:01.

sorry i have given you the hump diablo it is not intentional

i must admit i dont see why a bid at 8:59 would win an auction ending at 9:00. the way i see it the bids stop 1 second before it turns 9:01

or is that just me?

Because 8.59 is before 9.00 and the auction thread stated ends at 9.00. Anything after 9.00 - even a second - is too late.

You set the rules. If you wanted the auction to run until 9.01 you should have stated that.

Lacks professionalism when you then change the rules to suit yourself.

Simple way to sort auctions out, rather than any sniping extensions and bids after time, why not just have it as the highest bid at xx:59 wins it, if multiple people post during the 59th minute, the one who's post is posted first is the winner, no arguments that way.

We don't see the seconds on post times, but the forum software will know who clicked the submit reply button first, and will show their post as the first post in the 59th minute.

Simple way to sort auctions out, rather than any sniping extensions and bids after time, why not just have it as the highest bid at xx:59 wins it, if multiple people posting during the 59th minute, the one who's post is posted first is the winner, no arguments that way.

We don't see the seconds on post times, but the forum software will know who clicked the submit reply button first, and will show their post as the first post in the 59th minute.

Agreed. It's that easy for us all to know where we stand.

Although the highest bid in the 59th minutes - whether first or not - should count.

Last edited:
8:59 is not 9 and 9:01 is not 9 so its 9:00 for 60 seconds, without seeing the seconds its impossible to say that anyone placed a bid at "9:00:00"

again im sorry for the confusion but to me its clear, just we all have diffrent opinions.

8:59 is not 9 and 9:01 is not 9 so its 9:00 for 60 seconds, without seeing the seconds its impossible to say that anyone placed a bid at "9:00:00"

again im sorry for the confusion but to me its clear, just we all have diffrent opinions.

Better things to do than argue with you boxerdog. You've made your decision. Good luck to Fraser.

I think admin needs to sort this out though once and for all because it's a complete joke at the moment - I won't be bidding on here again until it is sorted out.

Although the highest bid in the 59th minutes - whether first or not - should count.

Yeah, you could do it that way, it might also prompt bidders to increase their offers accordingly, thinking they might get outbid buy a higher bidder posting after them in the 59th. After all, some people might want to come in with a £10 increment and get the first post in the 59th, but someone 3 seconds later could submit a £30 increment, so the first bidder might be better to have upped it by £40 instead of £10.

It is a tricky one as it states will end friday 27th @ 9pm ie. 21:00.00

A second after and the auction is closed ie. 21:00.01 , however there are three bids that state posted "Today, 09:00 PM " and without server logs its impossible to say :(

Extentions & increments only work as a failsafe for the above problem if the sellers stick to it and are people of their word, and as per the FMN.co.uk sale via Scott Jones he decided to change the rules as me sniping auctions were set to catch people out - no shit sherlock :)

I have my first neg trader rep *ever* online due to that LLL sale above, so god knows how admin wants us to enable users to know who the dodgy sellers are when it turns tit for tat ala ebay neg reps.

Its a mess, and I have posted and PM'ed about it and nothing seems to be done - however earlier Vizzy did post a verified auction format that could be worth a watch?

I know this doesnt help people but unless its sorted out I fear more and more problems will occur and Acorn will just turn into another crap names n scammers paradise.

Just my view but, as has worked successfully here a few times recently, why not state that auction is extended by 5 mins if there is a bid in the last few minutes of auction. That way seller gets maximum value and bidders can see exactly what they have to beat as a bid.

Seems to me a very easy way to sort out this issue and people arent then looking at logs to see whos bid was at the last second of the minute

It is a tricky one as it states will end friday 27th @ 9pm ie. 21:00.00

A second after and the auction is closed ie. 21:00.01 , however there are three bids that state posted "Today, 09:00 PM " and without server logs its impossible to say :(

Extentions & increments only work as a failsafe for the above problem if the sellers stick to it and are people of their word, and as per the FMN.co.uk sale via Scott Jones he decided to change the rules as me sniping auctions were set to catch people out - no shit sherlock :)

I have my first neg trader rep *ever* online due to that LLL sale above, so god knows how admin wants us to enable users to know who the dodgy sellers are when it turns tit for tat ala ebay neg reps.

Its a mess, and I have posted and PM'ed about it and nothing seems to be done - however earlier Vizzy did post a verified auction format that could be worth a watch?

I know this doesnt help people but unless its sorted out I fear more and more problems will occur and Acorn will just turn into another crap names n scammers paradise.
I am doing something Rob, I am looking to add seconds to the postbit template.

Why don't people use the vBay plugin provided here for auctions?

Forum posts timestamps now include seconds.

This applies to all historical posts based on the Vbulletin records post timestamp in the database.

Admin

Forum posts timestamps now include seconds.

This applies to all historical posts based on the Vbulletin records post timestamp in the database.

Admin

Thanks admin - that's going to save a lot of problems in future and prevent the small minority of sellers who have abused the previous system to earn a few extra quid when it suited them from doing so in the future.

Rob your first online negative says more about the other party than yourself so don't lose any sleep over it. Everyone on here who has dealt with you knows how professional you are.

Just my view but, as has worked successfully here a few times recently, why not state that auction is extended by 5 mins if there is a bid in the last few minutes of auction. That way seller gets maximum value and bidders can see exactly what they have to beat as a bid.

Seems to me a very easy way to sort out this issue and people arent then looking at logs to see whos bid was at the last second of the minute

That's fine too. The seller can set whatever rules they want at the start of an auction. Problems only arise when they later bend them to suit themselves.

Personally I thought it was very clear, the auction anded at 9. That means when it turns 9 it's over and whoever has the top bid at 9 is the winner.

Anything time stamped starting with a 9 is too late, not sure why we need seconds in the timestamp.

Just my observations.....

fraser had the highest bid at 9, now we can see that no one placed a bid at bang on 9:00:00.
im not bending any rules as far as i can see
im not trying to rip anyone off
i would have been happy to sell it for a tenner this isnt a full time job for me its a bit of fun im not that hard up to start ripping people off for 50 quid.
giving me the right f***ing hump:twisted:

well greywing was only 13 seconds away so that makes him the closest bidder to 9:00 and diablo was 15 seconds away

whatever its done, there is nothing we can do about it now.
cant we delete this thread now as its getting a bit out of control and boring the socks off me

well greywing was only 13 seconds away so that makes him the closest bidder to 9:00 and diablo was 15 seconds away
Greywing only bid £85 when diablo bid £110 so the highest bid at 9 was diablo. It's up to you what you do, that is how I see it.

as far as im concerned looking at a clock that has no seconds on it, its 9:00 untill it turns 9:01 so the highest bid in those 60 seconds wins.

thank god for the clock update, thanks admin;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Latest Comments

Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

New Threads

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Laskos
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom