Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

Wanted: Domain Appraisal garden cabin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
I did not get the co/uk but I went for the .net

What do you guys think about these?

Gardencabin/net
Gardencabins/net

Could have some value if geo targeted somewhere and developed as affiliate sites, otherwise not worth the registration fee imo.

Not sure where you're based country wise, but in my experience gTLDs are difficult to rank over ukTLDs for UK results. Since the search terms [Garden Cabin(s)] are only used in the UK then I think you'd be better off using GardenCabin(s).org.uk, both of which are free to reg and will perform better in SERPs than the .nets.

Thanks for the feedback I will bear it in mind the next time I think about buying.

Regarding org.uk I do have a few but I don't always associate them with affiliate sites.

Not entirely bad regs IMO, considering the price these retail for, yes it seems to be purely a UK term, but with an exact search figure of > 1000 for the plural would still work as an affiliates site.

Yes a product with a purely UK market would be better on a .uk, but i'm still not convinced that running a commercial site, other than an affiliate site, is better on a .org.uk when the .net is available.

Yes a product with a purely UK market would be better on a .uk, but i'm still not convinced that running a commercial site, other than an affiliate site, is better on a .org.uk when the .net is available.

I agree up to a point yes. My perspective was more that given that the value of these names is likely to be in development rather than resale it might well be more difficult to develop a .net for the UK market.

In an absolute sense .net carries more value than .org.uk, but I'm not sure that this is offset by the potential development issues.

Up to the OP to make value out of this one I think. As a note, i'm a huge fan of very high value item names, and 1,000 exacts is a good volume for this type of item. I suppose that this boils down to opinion as to what is the best extension to use for the UK market when .co.uk is not available.

Remember Mr. G can help you to target you market (in webmaster tools)- never used it though.

Remember Mr. G can help you to target you market (in webmaster tools)- never used it though.

Yup.

I was speaking for experience. I've tried targeting .com and .org to the UK via Webmaster Tools, but so far they haven't produced anything like the same level of results in terms of UK SERPs. Saying that, it was only done 2 months ago, but I'm seeing sites in Mr G's top ten for domain keywords on .co.uks within a couple of weeks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

New Threads

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Laskos
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom