Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

Wanted: Website Review Feedback on Laptops Site

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have heard it said that ugly sites sometimes sell well, do the design of your sites have a particularly high CTR?

Hey, are you calling my sites ugly? :)

I should have conducted detailed testing on CTR, but I haven't yet, too busy rolling out sites. Anecdotally I would say they have a high CTR, but they also might have a high rate of clicking on the back button, and I'm trying to make the sites look a bit prettier solely for that reason. Other than that, my philosophy is give them the kind of product they are looking for straight away, then put an affiliate link right under their nose. It works for me ;)

Rgds

Have you really found the best sites for your visitors, or are they the best sites for you - ie the only ones that have suitable affiliate schemes?

I don't think people are daft enough to not realise that it's just an affiliate site designed to make money for you, not to do anything for them.

Wouldn't you be better off trying some different styles of site to find what works best before concentrating on rolling out sites?

It does look a bit dated and very cluttered.

Have you really found the best sites for your visitors, or are they the best sites for you - ie the only ones that have suitable affiliate schemes?

I don't think people are daft enough to not realise that it's just an affiliate site designed to make money for you, not to do anything for them.

Wouldn't you be better off trying some different styles of site to find what works best before concentrating on rolling out sites?

It does look a bit dated and very cluttered.

This site focuses on the free laptop deals offered with mobile broadband, so that's why the choice is restricted to the mobile provider sites.

I know it looks dated and the design needs a little improvement, but there is actually a lot more thought than you might think put into the design ;) By this, I mean I focus on conversion over and above everything else.

It's good to hear what people think though. I think for now I'm better off continuing to roll out sites as fast as I can, as my domain renewals are beginning to get expensive :D

Rgds

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Latest Comments

Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

New Threads

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Laskos
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom