Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

Wanted: Domain Appraisal exploreAndLearn.com / exploreAndLearn.co.uk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Would appreciate an appraisal of the following domain

exploreAndLearn.com / co.uk

Just wondered if it is worth trying to sell or is it another classic "not worth the reg fees" :)

This is a great name for a children's education and learning site. It's descriptive and brandable. I personally feel it definitely is worth the reg fee. I am sure that some children's sites get excellent traffic levels. One that I have visited with my nephew is UpToTen.com.

I think you could make a reasonable sale on this name but you would have to find websites similar to UpToTen.com and pitch it to them.

Rgds

Hey thanks Accelerator

I had planned to develop a site using the name that was learning games etc but just don't seem to have enough time to carry out all my plans:)

Thanks for the links - I may have to research how to pitch a domain name to a company like this.

Rather than starting a new thread on a similar topic, how about the following domains?

earlylearningland.com / earlylearningland.co.uk
learningland.co.uk
myfirstclick.com

I registered these with a similar learning site in mind

earlylearningland.com / earlylearningland.co.uk - This is getting a bit on the long side for the domain sale value, but still an appropriate name for a site.

learningland.co.uk - Great name for an education site. I have the feeling though that these are quite difficult to monetise. The traffic is there but it's not high value traffic. Take a look at the Bob the Builder site and you'll see how they're running ads.

myfirstclick.com - This is a good name in my opinion, it's very brandable, you just have to find the right buyer. If developing a site, you'd have the same type of monetisation challenges, i.e. you could get high traffic, but not necessarily high value traffic.

Rgds

Thanks accelerator for the positive feedback on the domain names. I agree that it would be difficult to monetarise a site like this and a subscription based service may be the best option.

Selling the domain to a larger company may be my best option but I suspect this is easier said than done. After my last experience of selling a domain on sedo I think I will hold off putting these domains to auction there.

Cheers

Paul

p.s a couple more similar themed domains:)

playtrain.co.uk
skillsbooster.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members online

No members online now.

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Latest Comments

Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

New Threads

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Laskos
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom