Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

Evidence

Status
Not open for further replies.
title reads liars

Clearly the title reads liars....are you saying I am a liar...ie. that I said someone was a liar?

All I did was state facts and titled the post as liars....I don't want to be called a liar if that was being argued

So given the confusion the facts remain....James made an assertion and the result is Rob's opinion...therefore this damages my good name.

Jac I suggest you provide the evidence ASAP

Lee

Clearly the title reads liars....are you saying I am a liar...ie. that I said someone was a liar?

All I did was state facts and titled the post as liars....I don't want to be called a liar if that was being argued

So given the confusion the facts remain....James made an assertion and the result is Rob's opinion...therefore this damages my good name.

Jac I suggest you provide the evidence ASAP

Lee

It's your title... not mine.

Regards
James Conaghan

Last edited:
All I did was state facts and titled the post as liars

So who in your opinion was lying ie. triggered you to post the title as 'LIARS' ?

It does seem an odd title if you dont think anyone is a liar :) Perhaps 'wombats' would have been a better choice of word?

Liars

I thought Nominet were (via James) calling me and my company liars (my impression)

I personally thought my assertions were clear based on the balance of probability....Nominet disgreed with this (according to James). It was then subsequently raised by James on several occassions to my detriment...further noted by this thread.

Lee

I thought Nominet were (via James) calling me and my company liars (my impression)

I personally thought my assertions were clear based on the balance of probability....Nominet disgreed with this (according to James). It was then subsequently raised by James on several occassions to my detriment...further noted by this thread.

Lee

I repeat. It's your title... not mine.

Regards
James Conaghan

wombats

Good stuff.

You see I saw it as a post title, usually used to describe or 'title' the post below, thus seeing 'LIARS' and a post about Nominets advice I mistakenly thought you meant Nominet were 'Liars' ;)

It could be worth editing that post to ensure that people dont get similarly confused?

It seems a few others here also mistook the same - ie. Whois-Search (no apology now needed!) and Jac etc... likewise if Mr Penman thought the same (as he did make a post directly after the 'LIARS' post saying he was withdrawing from the forum) it could explain why he got the wrong end of the stick as well.

Everyone nice and happy now?

Good stuff.

Everyone nice and happy now?

Provided the same overly Zealous means are used on those who appear to have mis-interpreted Lee thread to rectify the situation! :cool:

Evidence Please

If Nominet want to take action based on my post (now clarified) then thats up to them.

James has asserted that Nominet stopped posting because I called them liars...this is contrary to my belief.

James, you are either misleading people or you are correct...you can either provide evidence or await confirmation from Nominet direct.

The only person who gets there name deformed is me for stating facts.

I will openly state that the assertion by Nominet (based on no evidence to substantiate Nominet's claim 'he knew i was a member') lacks credibility. I (as a consumer) was directed to Acorndomains.co.uk to have a question answered.

Lee

Nominet Test

Dear Nominet

Now have clarified my post can you answer the following question:-

Do you think it is reasonable to expect a Consumer (without legal representation as the point of sale) to be bound by 7.4 of its Terms and Conditions (bearing in mind the Distance Selling Regulations for consumers)?

Lee

Do you think it is reasonable to expect a Consumer (without legal representation as the point of sale) to be bound by 7.4 of its Terms and Conditions (bearing in mind the Distance Selling Regulations for consumers)?

There is no point posting a question like this and expecting an answer. Please contact us directly if you really want a reply.

BTW does the header "Nominet test" mean that you are presenting a test to Nominet or that Nominet has some how tested you, or is it a general test about Nominet for those reading? I wouldn't want to take offence by misinterpreting it.

the test

Hi Jay, the test was around whether Nominet stopped answering questions on acorn re trade mark infringement because I put the word liars in my heading.....therefore the test was to see if Nominet would answer a question re trade mark infringement on acorn?

So contrary to the past are you going to answer questions on trade mark infringement of this forum??? If yes, why don't you answer the question here.

I am still waiting for James to pick holes in my DRS proposal but to date he hasnt Policy Advised my Policy advice...

Lee

Hi Jay, the test was around whether Nominet stopped answering questions on acorn re trade mark infringement because I put the word liars in my heading.....therefore the test was to see if Nominet would answer a question re trade mark infringement on acorn?

Lee, don't take this the wrong way but your posts are often so terse that I find them difficult to understand. Quite often the meaning is ambiguous. A few more words here and there and the odd explanation would make them much easier to read and reduce the chance for misunderstandings.

Anyway, as I have explained before this is not the best place to get answers from us, especially to complex questions. Write to us directly. If you want to post our answer on AD then just ask when you write.

So contrary to the past are you going to answer questions on trade mark infringement of this forum??? If yes, why don't you answer the question here.

Lee - I hate to break this to you but Jay Daley is a techie - he probably knows less about trademark law than I do. And that is not a lot - (apologies to Jay if I have underestimated his TM knowledge).

But he did give you good advice. If you have queries then present them to the relevant people. But please don't ask the guy who helps keep the technical infrastructure together to answer legal queries. It isn't in his job description.

Hazel

My posts

My posts are written from my brain which at times is muddled with many things. I am happy to have people take the pee thats why I don't take much care to change them....people seem to read into it what they need to so why try and perfect them...wasted energy

My posts aren't contracts.

I am happy for a techie to give his in respect to trade mark law cause I don't understand it....the more that know more than me is great

Maybe the 5 million registrants no more than me in which case I must be a right thicko

Lee

I am happy to have people take the pee thats why I don't take much care to change them

Seriously Lee, I'm not taking the mick. I really do find your posts difficult to understand because they are so terse. I might not be alone in this.

terse

terse you mean abrupt...never knew of the word so looked it up

I would say they are not joined together properly bit like a school kid....anyway going to bed...gym at 5.30am

Lee

Locked....................................................

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

New Threads

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Laskos
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom