Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

Wanted: Domain Appraisal elizabeth.co.uk

Status
Not open for further replies.
When I tried to register dot co uk first names in 1999 there were few/none available. I registered a number of possessives i.e. "Marions", "Bridgets". I think that the email address alone is valuable - e.g Marion@Marions dot co dot uk.
Also I registered a number of personal names with the suffix "place", also giving good email addresses e.g. Fred@Fredsplace dot co dot uk.
I have had a lot of interest in the names, a lot of hits to our web site Scotours dot co dot uk but few sales. Personal names just don't seem to have taken off - My most recent enquiry was for "Ewarts" but the interested party was unwilling to part with £300.00 even although the name is both a first name and a surname.
Have I got it wrong???

End users for forenames are few and far between but are out there. There are a couple of domainerish people who have forked out £5000+ for their forename.co.uk

This lack of interest at a realistic level does show that they are more of a punt than most names for domainers - thus seeing a few float about here. Doug has invested in a few names and it is interesting to see which ones his company / he is willing to let go.

As with all names they are unique, but some work better than others eg. [email protected] is a hell of alot nicer than [email protected] or the like.

Poor old Bob and Horatio can expect 10x more spam now :lol::lol:

names

We have bought lots when we believe they are good value. And have sold a few for 5 to 10 times purchase price.

Doug

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Latest Comments

Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

New Threads

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Laskos
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom