Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

Editing Posts & Bidding

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Can we do something about domains being listed for sale, bidded on and an end date set and then withdrawn - that gets on my wick when I have a budget to spend.

If someone is just putting out feelers then maybe the UK domains for sale needs split up or maybe a separate area for people putting out feelers, what is the point in a pointless bidding war with an end date and then posts get edited and domains withdrawn :confused:

Also editing posts should really be disabled after a few hours imo as people can change the whole context of posts and threads and re-write history.

If it is a privacy/search engine spider issue then make a sales area that is only viewable by logged in members to stop domain threads being indexed by the engines.

Perhaps an auction software should be implemented so that domains could really be auctioned off here as the forum grows to keep integrity intact?

Can we do something about domains being listed for sale, bidded on and an end date set and then withdrawn - that gets on my wick when I have a budget to spend.

If someone is just putting out feelers then maybe the UK domains for sale needs split up or maybe a separate area for people putting out feelers, what is the point in a pointless bidding war with an end date and then posts get edited and domains withdrawn :confused:

Also editing posts should really be disabled after a few hours imo as people can change the whole context of posts and threads and re-write history.

If it is a privacy/search engine spider issue then make a sales area that is only viewable by logged in members to stop domain threads being indexed by the engines.

Perhaps an auction software should be implemented so that domains could really be auctioned off here as the forum grows to keep integrity intact?

I wasn't putting out the feelers, I was (initially) prepared to sell. But I changed my mind. I'm perfectly entitled to. Check my history on here and see if I have done it before - no.

I did make the offer for you (or anyone else) to make a bid on Sedo which I would have accepted. Then the bidding would have be final and the domain sale would have gone ahead, but neither you nor anyone else did that.

I agree about the editing post incidentally. Perhaps I should have replied instead but what's done is done.

I have acornauctions.co.uk plus a full domain trading script but the feedback I got was no one would use it.

http://www.acornauctions.co.uk/

Please provide feedback on what people want to see, Domain categories, etc.

Limited to just UK domain extensions or everything?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Laskos
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom