Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

Wanted: Service Drupal site customisation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Hi guys,

Does anyone have any experience with drupal? Looking at using it for a new project, but don't know enough about it so would have to outsource. I've found a theme that's perfect, but need some CCK work doing (I think!).

Cheers,

Rich

What is it you are wanting to do? Drupal is a complex beast, but if properly understood, can produce very nice & usable sites.

Which version of Drupal? D7 has just been released and I'm currently building a few test sites to look at migration of some custom modules to D7.

Hi Monaghan,

I'm looking to basically list affiliate products on the site, by creating a node for each product, but they would be a new content type - ie, with a name, description, a picture, a price, and an affiliate link. I would want them displayed on the homepage, and also a new view to display more detail on them too within the theme.... With Wordpress I'd be happy enough with this, but I have no experience with Drupal! I may even be better off getting the theme converted to Wordpress!! :)

don't know much about drupal, but i think it might be easier to use ubercart its the free shopping cart for drupal .

not used it so can't commet but i would check it out most drupal shopping sites use it.

hanif

Sounds simple enough if you will populate the nodes manually, a little more complex if you want to pull from an API.

Create a content type with the desired fields (install the CCK module if on D6), an image module like IMCE will help in putting an image in the content body rather than a separate field. Install the views module and you can craft desired views of nodes.

Drupal has a steep learning curve, D7 seems to have had a few of the rough corners knocked off so if you could get your template for D7, this might be an easier option.

@bensd - Cheers, will do when I get chance

@brum - I wanted to avoid using a shopping cart as I don't need the overhead - I just want individual pages with each product on and then a link to the merchants site, if that makes sense? Will look into it though as it may be a usable option!

@monagham - Sounds simple but with a lack of drupal experience I think I'll struggle haha! The template is currently only available for D6, but hopefully they'll update it ASAP. Are there any decent drupal resources out there? Would this kind of project be something that you'd be interested in if it's as straightforwards as you say?

Cheers,

Rich

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Latest Comments

Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

New Threads

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Laskos
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom