Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

Wanted: Domain Appraisal DomainTraders.co.uk - Worth £5k?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Hi Guys

What do you think of DomainTraders.co.uk? I think a good sale price for this would be £5k.

The reason I think this domain is worth a bit is because it would be a good way of capturing the UK domaining community, the name is very memorable. You just have to offer a directory service on the site, and then you can market to them.

As far as I know, there is no directory site for UK domainers. I might get round to building it on this name, but maybe someone will buy me out first ...

A directory which lists everyone's "Domains For Sale" sites, like my KeyphraseDomains.co.uk site.

Rgds

I also think you'd struggle to achieve £5k, I've owned domainers.co.uk for quite some time and have had a few 4 figure offers but nothing anywhere near £5k.

Grrant

I also think you'd struggle to achieve £5k, I've owned domainers.co.uk for quite some time and have had a few 4 figure offers but nothing anywhere near £5k.

The way I look at it is that there must be a company out there that wants to target those actively trading domain names, and £5k to them would be a very small investment to be able to market to these guys via a community site and mailing list.

Rgds

I'd have said you'd be doing well to get low-mid £xxx for this name. "Domain Traders" isn't really a commonly used term, either inside or outside of what is a very small industry.

Obviously it's only an opinion though, so good luck.

..."those actively trading domain names"...

I think the more commonly used word for what you have described is 'domainers' which Grant has the .co.uk for. If I was spending £xxxx on a name to target domainers I know which one I'd choose.

Worth above reg fee in my opinion, but if it was mine I'd be happy flipping it for a good £xxx offer (still a nice profit for you, assuming you bought it at reg fee in July).

sounds like your mixing-up the thankless (mostly profitless) task of domain discussion with that of sales. If you offered a unique service behind the name, then it's a good and memorable wording, but so are many others.

I always thought (in the early days) of my own signature domain - TheDon dot com as a massive seller to the domain traders market, but the reality is its just a very good related word play

Last edited:
What makes you think people will sign up for such a site if they're not already signed up for the large marketplaces such as Sedo or Afternic?

I see it worth low xxx tops.

BTW, in appraisal threads it's bad form to argue with people giving appraisals because by definition you're asking for an OPINION. Therefore nobody can be wrong!

Good comments guys, thanks.

Would anyone care to hazard a guess as to how many UK domainers there are that have "Domains For Sale" sites of their own? I've started making a list but there are only 17 on it so far (not that I've been taking it that seriously yet).

Rgds

BTW, I hope if you do go with an aggregator model that you will of course make it opt-in not opt-out. I have no interest in listing my names anywhere other than on my own site, for instance...

If I built the site I would just list people's portfolio sites, I wouldn't list their names, that would be too much like hard work.

Rgds

And I don't list - discussions leading to sales are fine,

Most of us are happy with our own model and the one size that fits all are already out there, with added benefits, Honestly the only people looking to benefit from your proposal would be the "save me the effort - legal chancing crowd "

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Latest Comments

Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

New Threads

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Laskos
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom