Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

Wanted: Domain Appraisal Domain & Website appraisal

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Hi everyone

carsunder500 _co_ uk

Would like opinion on domain value alone and site value if I were to sell today for a quick sale (anyone?) It's only just gone live but similar sites I have are pulling 50-75 uniques a day after just 1 month using the same set of rules. I also have some hand written content pages for the site (buyers guide, top 10 buys etc.) which are not live but will be included.

The site is built upon Wordpress utilising Adsense adverts and the eBay partner network. A Twitter account is also included and can be linked to the site.

Google.co.uk SERP
"cars under 500" 24,400
"cars under 500" UK only 12,200

Google Keywords Tool, Local Search Volume: June
60% ad competition
3,600 (exact)
9,900 (phrase)
14,800 (broad)

Thanks for looking.

I think it's a nice idea.

As a domain on its own it's not going to be worth much, especially due to the "£", "no £" thing (no IDNs in .co.uk & the fact that £, $ etc are invisible to Google - try typing just £ or $ into Google if you don't believe me!)

Surely it's value is as an ongoing site making you money? And if that is true why sell it?

I think it's a nice idea.

As a domain on its own it's not going to be worth much, especially due to the "£", "no £" thing (no IDNs in .co.uk & the fact that £, $ etc are invisible to Google - try typing just £ or $ into Google if you don't believe me!)

Surely it's value is as an ongoing site making you money? And if that is true why sell it?

Thanks. :D

Of course I see no reason why this site won't make money in a short amount of time with little effort, it runs on automatic and my other similar sites are generating revenue.

My question is here for two reasons, market research to help me not only with this website value but similar and I will sell if the offer tempts me as I've more outgoings than normal this month and I'm up to my neck in projects.

:cool:

Cool,

In that case, as a straight domain appraisal on a 2 week old first time registration I'd say reg fee or under as the value of the domain itself.

Carsunder250, carsunder400 (bikesunderXXX, housesunderXXX etc, etc) are all free to reg, so the value on this can only be in the idea and/or the work you put into it - all the software, tools etc are also free as far as I can tell.

Best of luck - and if these sites make money I'd do that with them.

Any site is worth a given multiple of the profits its making. If you search the forum I'm sure site valuation will be discussed. I don't know the exact multiples currently being used, but I'd guess a site could normally be sold at 3 to 4 times yearly revenue. As soon as your site starts generating revenue, it's valuable, but you'll need to prove this to buyers with stats.

Rgds

Just a quick update on this site, now number 1 in Google for 'cars under £500' and is pulling 3k+ visitors per month.

Nice to know some things go the way we want them too if we try hard enough.

:O)

Well done ribble!

Is that an off the shelf website you're using or something you've made yourself?

Cheers. The site is made using Wordpress, the Classipress theme, various plugins and plenty of elbow grease...! :p

Well done ribble!

Is that an off the shelf website you're using or something you've made yourself?

Do you mind me asking what plugins you can use to allow people to list items?

I'm after exactly that for a project in a different niche, but I haven't seen anything that would do it.

Thanks,
Dave

Do you mind me asking what plugins you can use to allow people to list items?

I'm after exactly that for a project in a different niche, but I haven't seen anything that would do it.

Thanks,
Dave

Will send PM as its quite an involving discussion to get it all working properly.

Nice, clean looking site, very different to the usual Wordpress bodges... like most of mine seem to be! ;-)

If you have the time, I'd appreciate it if you could send the info on how you went about this. Looks very interesting.

Mike.

That is a very impressive site, even more so since it is built on wp.
If you wouldnt mind I would live to see what it took to create!

Thank you for the nice comments, this is one of many similar sites. I'm all for helping others get started. So....

...you'll be pleased to know I'm going to provide a small series of video tutorials on the subject around the 3rd week of October. It'll be completely free and for Acorn members only. :p

Nearer the time I'll post registration details so you can login and watch, learn and earn.

I think that WP is a pile of shite, however that is a great website, so congrats.

Its seems to be taking most/all of its feed from Ebay, have you had many direct sign ups?

I think that WP is a pile of shite, however that is a great website, so congrats.

Its seems to be taking most/all of its feed from Ebay, have you had many direct sign ups?

Thank you for the comments.

I hate Wordpress too :) However, its a tool for a job, not the prettiest but the only one in certain cases because of the use of 3rd party plugins.

It's only been live as a classifieds site for a week or so now but I do get one or two users/ads per day from the site which is a promising start. It primarily uses eBay developer API and this is because I'm an eBay affiliate.

I would love to have some tips, a method to help for domain appraisal. I mean some key points to help you guess a realistic value of your domains.

Care to elaborate on the bolded part? I'm curious.

I think wordpress is brilliant - its an extremely easy way to get a professional looking design up on a domain name quickly - and it leaves me able to leave my writers (who couldn't tell an html tag from their elbow) constantly adding content to them with no input from me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

New Threads

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Laskos
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom