Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

Deleted thread

Reaction score
Before I say anything else, I honestly don't care its been deleted, this isnt a "im pissed" thread, more of a info seeking thread. Not sold a domain or bought one for holding purposes for a few years, so its not like i really need the post up.

But the deletion reason was that the .com's that I posted were not UK related.........

Screenshot 2024-10-23 at 13-18-42 Alerts Acorn Domains - UK Domains - Domain Name Forum.png

For my information and future referance. Can someone explain how ANY of the listings in the .com section, more or less related to the UK than the ones I posted ? 99% of that entire section gibberish " brandables" or generics.

Screenshot 2024-10-23 at 13-19-38 COM Domains Acorn Domains - UK Domains - Domain Name Forum.png

Not sure what classifies mine below any different to the ones already in that section.

Screenshot 2024-10-23 at 13-19-59 Offers - streetslocal.com and others DNForum.com - Buy Sell ...png

Good evening, Adam,

Thank you for your message. I understand that this situation can potentially upset you.

After all the recent changes - the community has expressed a strong preference for UK-centric forum (and domains).

After the period of historical over-moderation, we have been somewhat slow to remove content and ads that aren't relevant to the UK.

Additionally, it seems that everyone with moderating rights is a bit unsure about the rules, and I take responsibility for that.

I am the one who consistently removes ads from the .com category when the advertised domain names are not related to UK businesses or cannot be used by them. .. and do this in small batches (just removed other 10 ads).

Apart from this, we are gradually removing all news feeds that are not UK-centric.

I often receive upset direct messages when I remove a .com ad for a domain name that isn’t related to the UK.

Yes, it is sad to see users upset, but this is the only way to maintain Acorn as a UK-centric forum.

--

May I ask you something? I have noticed that you are a knowledgeable person with great integrity. Would you be interested in helping us keep Acorn clean by volunteering as a moderator?

All the success and great evening!!

Best wishes!! Helmuts

No it really hasnt upset me lol, it was a geninue question. I posted the same thread over at DNforum too so not a big deal, just seemed like double standards compared to what was already in that section.

Thanks for the offer, but I don't have enough time to run my own sites let alone anyone elses :)

No it really hasnt upset me lol, it was a geninue question. I posted the same thread over at DNforum too so not a big deal, just seemed like double standards compared to what was already in that section.

Thanks for the offer, but I don't have enough time to run my own sites let alone anyone elses :)

Thank you for understanding. Yes, we need to clean that section asap - you are 100% correct. Best!!

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

☆ Premium Listings

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

New Threads

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Laskos
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom