Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

Wanted: Domain Appraisal Creative Writing Courses // co // uk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
I can't believe this was just sitting there, but anyway, I just hand regged this:

CreativeWritingCourses.co.uk

New GKT shows 2900 uk exacts @ £3.84 cpc

Suggestions as to what it may be worth?

Thanks, Luke

I can't believe this was just sitting there

I can, I cancelled it about a month ago. Long story, but I had about a dozen names against my main nominet account on 123-Reg's tag but I wanted to have one nominet account for managing my TAG and my own names. I tried adding them to my 123-reg account so I could tag transfer, I went through the process twice, but the names never appeared. I tried the TAG change through nominet for a fee of 11.75, that failed several times without reason. At that point I got annoyed so just cancelled the names. That was one of them.

I think it's a nice name, the problem I think you'll have is that people who offer these types of courses also offer a million and one other training courses, rather than solely doing creative writing courses.

Personally I don't see much reseller value but end user wise maybe £100

ps. How much you offering Dave ;)

At that point I got annoyed so just cancelled the names. That was one of them.

Hi Dave,

What were the others you cancelled? ;)

Seriously, thanks for your post. I would have thought that this one must be worth a bit to an end user.

If you turfed this one out, your portfolio must be good quality.

All the best, Luke

I tried the TAG change through nominet for a fee of 11.75, that failed several times without reason.

I had a similar issue a while back, the domains I was entering started with a capital letter and the system spat them back out because of this, another weird but true story

@Lucky Luke - The others were all rubbish, that was the only one worth having I think. Good luck with sale, hold it for a few years and I'm sure someone will come knocking.

@fish - I've had that problem before with transfers, but this was different, the whole process went fine until I hit the confirm at which point it said something had gone wrong. I tried the nominet tag change process three times, all three failed, the second and third times they actually took the money from my unallocated funds, but a quick email and they sorted that.

Suggestions as to what it may be worth?

Maybe £600+ properly marketed. There are AdWords ads using the exact term and that's always a good sign. It's not a majorly high revenue sector, but I can see a sale nevertheless.

Rgds

I'm with doodlebug as far as value, maybe more if an end user falls in love with it. It's so incredibly niche that its not one that will likely sell in the domainer or developer markets.

I often find myself agreeing with accelerator in this section, but something about the plural bothers me on this one - I would be looking for a "course" not a whole directory.

I often find myself agreeing with accelerator in this section, but something about the plural bothers me on this one - I would be looking for a "course" not a whole directory.

I agree that the singular is the better domain, as like you say, people will probably search for this more. Edwin owns this domain, but it's not resolving at the moment.

Rgds

I agree that the singular is the better domain, as like you say, people will probably search for this more.

Rgds

Hi Accelerator and thanks for your views - much obliged.

Point of interest - the plural is more searched on and has a higher cpc.

New GKT UK exacts:

singular: 720 pcm @ £2.13 cpc

plural: 2,900 pcm @ £3.84 cpc

It's now joined my growing 'to do' list!

Cheers, Luke

I agree that the singular is the better domain, as like you say, people will probably search for this more. Edwin owns this domain, but it's not resolving at the moment.

Rgds

Thanks for pointing that out, I better seek a "resolution" :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Latest Comments

Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

New Threads

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Laskos
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom